• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Classified_

Reaction score
After reading so much about Guidi online, I can only agree with nicelynice and the rest, everyone are saying that if you want Guidis just get them otherwise you won't be happy. I decided to go for the Geller x CP because the style and silhouette will probably work better for me. But if the artisan style is your thing, I'd say save and get them. Was very close to get them myself.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any advice for a shoulder bag that can fit A4 documents for work?
Needs to be comfortable, not too heavy.
Leaning towards the Jas MB at the moment. I have a similar Porter bag I've used for the past 10 years that is starting to show its age, kind of want something different

Cornelian Taurus

Porter

Jas MB

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does it have to be black? I've said it before, but La Portegna's briefcases are very nice.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't need to be black, in fact, I want something navy or bordeaux, but looking for something with a bit less structure than a traditional briefcase. More floppy and loose

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cornelian Taurus is dope. I remember when PoTN had them for suuuuper cheap. Shouldn't have slept.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cornelian Taurus bag I linked was too big, unfortunately. Similar one in a smaller size was too feminine. Found this limited CT bag, however. Very cool. Didn't get any good shots, but the zipper goes all the way down the sides of the bag, not useful, but looks cool.

Still leaning towards the Jas MB in the second shots, though, slightly lighter, strap is easier to adjust, and the carry handles make it a bit easier to use. Both are calf leather, the Jas MB is softer, grainier, CT is quite stiff and a bit shiny.

Any thought?

Last edited:

morkra

Reaction score
Second one looks like it will wear and form to become your own bag better, and it has handles which is always a plus for something using at a work environment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads