• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

yurkeyyacon

Reaction score

Classified_

Reaction score

You probably don't wanna see the prices on old Raf, Helmut Lang and Rick then...

Oh yeah I saw the 2nd hand prices of those on Grailed, but didn't yet see a 7 year old one...

You should get it, it's pretty dope, moleskin wears really good and it's more about condition than age.

The more and more I look at it the more I want it... I am just waiting for the dude to send me a fit pic to see how the M looks. I think I probably will get it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's some late 90's and early 2000's HL that floats around from time to time.

Still looking for a bondage bomber in my size or a camel toned chesterfield. :foo: Some of the painted stuff is really cool too.

Last edited:

Classified_

Reaction score
Just saw this nice merino henley at Apolis:

http://store.apolisglobal.com/knits/transit-issue-merino-henley/#charcoal

Sizing question, according to their website measurements, I should be an XS, this henley measures 18.75" chest which is 95CM, my chest size is 92.5CM (46).

I usually wear an S across the board, was wondering if Apolis usually run big, due to being an American brand?

Thanks

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They say Large has a 21-inch chest width, and 20.25 for Medium. I wouldn't call that running big.

Last edited:

Classified_

Reaction score
Only problem is that I don't have any XS items in my wardrobe aside from the Acne Limit Tee which runs a bit big, I usually get an S in everything, and according to their measurements, I should be an XS. Just wondering if that's the case.

Last edited:

flowcharts

Reaction score
Remember that your actual chest measurement =/= optimal garment p2p unless your aim is a skin-tight fit. There should be a few cm of wiggle room--measure a shirt that you have that fits well to see what p2p measurement to look for when you're shopping online. Makes life a whole lot easier than making decisions based off hearsay alone.

Classified_

Reaction score

Remember that your actual chest measurement =/= optimal garment p2p unless your aim is a skin-tight fit.  There should be a few cm of wiggle room--measure a shirt that you have that fits well to see what p2p measurement to look for when you're shopping online.  Makes life a whole lot easier than making decisions based off hearsay alone.

Yeah I did that earlier actually, my chest is 92.5CM, most of my stuff are somewhere between 94-96CM, there's definitely some wiggle room, I don't wear skin tight. The Acne Limit in XS for example is 94CM, fits me perfect and has at least 2CM of space between the fabric and the skin.

The apolis piece, while tagged as XS measure 96CM chest according to their website (I even called them to ask), so I went ahead with the XS, worst case, I'll do a return and get an S...

Last edited:

Landau

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a Filson Black label Parka in Olive. I cant find a picture of the exact coat, but it looks like this
6234781139_c8e6d84521.jpg

Last edited:

Bortelli

Reaction score
Kinda have the same predictmant that classified is dealing with guidis.

Will moma boots be a good alternative? Mainly for streetwear fits, as my job I can wear whatever I want. I remember them being a hit couple of years ago on here. They come in a variety of styles too..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads