• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so for some nice outerwear options, i tried a very light julius trench (sz 2 seems to fiT!) and a devoa single button collar-less one -- construction is fantastic, in fact devoa seems pretty amazing in general, i tried a few and the sharp shouldered silhouettes are stunning, the fit is tight and very sharp cuts etc but you prob know this already it's just fun but a bit opposed to what i usu. prefer
8OjDd.jpg
Devoa so good

^ i went specifically to check out harnden stuff, no jackets left obviously but it was good to finally see what the hype has been all about (which makes me ask, why all the hype
confused.gif
)
hah looks like you and everyone else like it a lot more ! the julius really didn't seem like anything else julius i've come across, maybe that's why i liked it
will go try the devoa and i guess pick it up, i guess a few slim-ish items won't hurt
tongue.gif
I really like the slim top-drapey bottom silhouette

or

or

or none?
Of those three, the last. I underbid a pair of Ditas a week ago, mad regrets

These look good to me. Anyone know anything about them?

but then
Hopefully they won't look so stubby in person in a larger size.
Avoid the stubby toe

What do you think

890 US shipped
New guy's got jokes

I need a pair of black sneakers. Thinking about these lanvins. Looking for something very basic as I don't want to draw attention to my clown feet. Would be worn primarily with jeans........
Most boring Lanvins ever released?

really nice buttero's! my turn!

or
Lace.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snow i think you have the stuff to wear with the second pair even tho for myself i'd have chosen the first.

I had the same thoughts. I've always been partial to those sneakers, will probably get myself a pair one day.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
don't do it those toggles are absurd

Ashe7

Reaction score

svensson's low whites arrived today. leather is nice and soft, but not as nice as cp's. first pic is in the shade, as you can see it seems slightly off-white in colour, which i quite like - you dont go through the blinding-white-new-sneaker phase as much. took a photo in the sun to show that it is white, just not overwhelmingly so. it has more padding (especially near the heel and tongue, almost like the premium achilles) which makes it more comfortable. has a slightly chunkier profile. sole is the same. lengthwise its the same as cps, but slightly roomier in width - if you have wide feet and your cps are a tad long, id daresay go one down. all in all very happy with them, especially for the price!

worn black achilles for comparison. as you can see, less padding, toebox is almost flush with the edge of the sole where the stitching is, giving a sleeker profile. leather is just as soft but is a bit more substantial. love them both :)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've ordered these in a different color (only one available) from asos for 140€ two hours ago. Will see how they fit and look IRL.

Got these in a different color, they're nice.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, just worried it's going to fit too big. My chest is like 33", gonna look terrible if it's too baggy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
those pants are terrible look like some lane joints

Knisse

Reaction score

I need a pair of black sneakers. Thinking about these lanvins. Looking for something very basic as I don't want to draw attention to my clown feet. Would be worn primarily with jeans........

In my experience lanvins are horrible to hide if you have big feet. They will do the exact opposite for you.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i asked scott (unlucky) to create a portfolio/clutch for me and went back and forth with him on the design.
a few questions now:
should i make this more rectangular(by shortening the height)? ...and add a 3rd pouch?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads