• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

entropy kid

Reaction score
Yes or no? I need something to keep me warm. Other ideas are more than welcome...

15138.jpg

15150.jpg

15198.jpg

15210.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
moar Augusta shoes

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Generally, I would say I'm morally opposed to zippered breast pockets on shirts, but I think this does it well....I would love a shirt-jacket, and this piece is priced pretty reasonably I think.

I was looking at this piece last night and weighing it against the ApolisxSFxContext shirt. I think if I had to own a Rogue's Gallery piece I would get this.

Originally Posted by entropy kid
Yes or no? I need something to keep me warm. Other ideas are more than welcome...

The button-front is interesting. I say yes.

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by entropy kid

15210.jpg

Is that a media player pocket? Can't tell if it will make the coat look awkward and unbalanced. I don't need perfect symmetry, but if it looks like there's a little head on my shoulder I would be very uncomfortable.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
want to get one more pair of brown boots: better 1 (Red Wing 1907)
1907.jpg
or 2 (Red Wing 2916)
2916.jpg
I'm not sold on the crepe sole, but I'm afraid that the Chelseas might be a bit more ****-kicker than I like (my Doc Marten Chelseas look a bit too much like cowboy boots with jeans).

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alternate suggestions on chunky brown boots that come in a US 13 also happily accepted.

e23

Reaction score
I really like the Red Wing 1907 look. Although I am biased since I already have a pair of awesome frye chelseas

mpcec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
shirt_jacket.jpg
Generally, I would say I'm morally opposed to zippered breast pockets on shirts, but I think this does it well....I would love a shirt-jacket, and this piece is priced pretty reasonably I think.

No, this shirt looks like a rip of the cloak work shirt from F/W 06/07:
IMG_2001.jpg
Also i think this is on sale in the supermarket or style zeitgeist in oxblood red... would definitely go for that instead. Edit: Here

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
From the dresscodes closing sale: property of... bag
po-03-lrg.jpg
I want something to replace my black jansport

Link to product page for extra info. I like the aesthetics of it. I would want to see/feel it in person before making a decision. I'm picky about materials and without seeing the interior and the nylon strap, as well as feeling the leather flap and closure and the canvas, I wouldn't bite. I know, not that helpful, but that's where I stand.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
No, this shirt looks like a rip of the cloak work shirt from F/W 06/07: Also i think this is on sale in the supermarket or style zeitgeist in oxblood red... would definitely go for that instead. Edit: Here
Too bad I'm a small. I also think I like RG's rendition better even though it's probably not of the same quality; I'm sick of epaulets and I like the more subtle checkering. Thanks for the link though.

TrekTheWorld

Reaction score
Have you checked out the new Red Wing shoe that J. Crew helped create? It's a hot shoe. I was just checking it out in the magazine Best Life. You might want to check it out before purchasing a new boot.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
No, this shirt looks like a rip of the cloak work shirt from F/W 06/07:

They look plenty different, I think. At least, the details are plenty different.

The Cloak has epaulets, snap pockets on top of the zip pockets.
The RG has grommet holes in the breast pockets, sleeve roll buttons, and a zip/button front.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads