• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Jay.C

Reaction score
The only note of caution I would sound with Valstar is about proportions. IME their cut is slightly longer and slightly narrower than some others. If you have a shorter body and longer legs like me, or if you are a bit wider than average, you might want to try a few different brands on first.
Thanks! I have a tobacoo Valstar. Can I get a fit check here? This is size 54.
1700636147860.png
1700636174742.png

Also, does anyone feel the threads connecting to the buttons break easily? I feel them getting loose within a year. Is there any way to prevent? Thanks!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2074615 View attachment 2074617

Also, does anyone feel the threads connecting to the buttons break easily? I feel them getting loose within a year. Is there any way to prevent? Thanks!

This is a very good fit, as I see. As for the thread breaking or getting loose, you could have the buttons re-sewn per hand by a tailor.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm leaning toward the red Valstar now. The pink Sefr is still hard to style for me IMO.

Thanks! Sefr looks super cool. It reminds me of Stoffa when I search through its Instagram. Although, Stoffa wouldn't be so colorful. However, after some self estimation, pink jacket is too cool for me. I'd try a pink sweater first. Have you ever heard Anderson-Anderson? It's a Copenhagen brand and their pink sweater looks just right for me. Not too pink and not too faded.
What do you think about pink items? I wear smart casual to work and jeans & chinos during day offs. Thanks!
View attachment 2074341

Pink is a great color, AA is a great brand, can't go wrong.

Sefr is very sexy 70s stuff, so if you're not interested in that vibe, best to admire form afar.

View attachment 2074615 View attachment 2074617

DYsRzMgVQAEblU6.jpg

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the brand Labour Union? It seems like they have decently priced RRL-type stuff. I'm on the hunt for a Karakoram esque down parka and am trying to decide between these two:

Frizmworks:
View attachment 1668097

Labour Union:
View attachment 1668098

I love the look of the Nigel Cabourn Everest, the Drake's Expedition Parka, and the vintage Eddie Bauer Karakoram, all of which are north of $1,000 - more than I can afford.
may I ask what did you end up with?

krudsma

Reaction score
may I ask what did you end up with?
I got the Frizmworks one and I absolutely adore it. Super warm, great silhouette, details feel really nice. I bought it from Frizmworks Korean site directly which required a bit of google translating but in the end it arrived no problem. I went TTS. I'm 6'3" and it's plenty long for me.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the Frizmworks one and I absolutely adore it. Super warm, great silhouette, details feel really nice. I bought it from Frizmworks Korean site directly which required a bit of google translating but in the end it arrived no problem. I went TTS. I'm 6'3" and it's plenty long for me.
That's actually what I was hoping to hear. That Frizmworks in orange caught my eye. Which size did you get? I am 5'11 176lbs with more mass in the upper body. And I hear to go with M and L like 50-50. Model on their site is the same heigh with around 20lbs less and wearing L so it is very confusing to figure out what to go for.

Samir

Reaction score
That's actually what I was hoping to hear. That Frizmworks in orange caught my eye. Which size did you get? I am 5'11 176lbs with more mass in the upper body. And I hear to go with M and L like 50-50. Model on their site is the same heigh with around 20lbs less and wearing L so it is very confusing to figure out what to go for.
The Frizmworks velvet goose down jacket in M fits me well at 5'7", 140 lb, 37" chest. Assuming all their outerwear fits similarly, I think you'd need a L for sure.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Frizmworks velvet goose down jacket in M fits me well at 5'7", 140 lb, 37" chest. Assuming all their outerwear fits similarly, I think you'd need a L for sure.
thanks! but from your measurements and size M I would think I need XL now haha!

krudsma

Reaction score
I got a medium. I'm pretty scrawny and while it's not super close fitting, it's not especially roomy either. I would size up to be safe, I think it will look great even if it's larger than you actually need.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
@Numeral I think this has been brought up a bunch but getting the cheaper version of an item you actually want is never that satisfying

Yeah, that itch will be scratched for a few days, weeks, or months at most but it'll come back eventually. Might as well look for sales or second hand listings for the item you actually wanted in the first place.

Also, the caveman brain enjoys the hunt.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Numeral I think this has been brought up a bunch but getting the cheaper version of an item you actually want is never that satisfying

This point is moot when the item in question is $125, and the aspirational item (which is in and of itself a budget alternative of TF), is $1,000.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a medium. I'm pretty scrawny and while it's not super close fitting, it's not especially roomy either. I would size up to be safe, I think it will look great even if it's larger than you actually need.
I am a bit late but got one in L a few weeks ago and I think the fit is spot on! It is a great jacket! Thanks again for sizing suggestions!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads