• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

lol

Reaction score
View attachment 894730
Reversible other side is the class green. Alpha Industries
View attachment 894731
H.A

Still looking for bomber... lol. Are they too hideous and odd, or unique and interesting? I want a bomber that I could wear with jeans or trouser. Basically as versatile as it gets, but not boring or what we normally see for a bomber jacket. Thank you
IMHO, I will pass. First looks is OK, but second look is a no for me.

Full disclosure, I hardly like shiny clothes.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you have any bomber of current season or older season in mind? I really want to end the search... just too long lol

I don't really have any suggestions, but if I were looking for one, I'd probably try that Buzz Rickson x William Gibson bomber, which is longer than the regular BR design (regular one is pretty short). Feel like designer bombers have been so burnt lately, in that aviator MA-1 style, I'd just go back to something that looks more like the original. But again, fits a bit longer since the originals are super duper short. I like the cropped body more than the sort of generic APC type silhouette. Originals also often had those scrunchy sleeves in the back, which look kind of cool (and were exaggerated in DvN bombers).

yunBW

Reaction score
I don't really have any suggestions, but if I were looking for one, I'd probably try that Buzz Rickson x William Gibson bomber, which is longer than the regular BR design (regular one is pretty short). Feel like designer bombers have been so burnt lately, in that aviator MA-1 style, I'd just go back to something that looks more like the original. But again, fits a bit longer since the originals are super duper short. I like the cropped body more than the sort of generic APC type silhouette. Originals also often had those scrunchy sleeves in the back, which look kind of cool (and were exaggerated in DvN bombers).
Yeah I feel the same way on the design of bomber are just too “burnt out”. I will check it out! what’s your thought on acne selo or Silas bomber. What other style of designers lightweight outwear that’s more unique and interesting than the overused bomber style? Kinda want to experiment with other style other than denim and bomber, but not sure what to start at the same time. Im just looking for nice outwear to wear in LA weather.

Thank you

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah I feel the same way on the design of bomber are just too “burnt out”. I will check it out! what’s your thought on acne selo or Silas bomber. What other style of designers lightweight outwear that’s more unique and interesting than the overused bomber style? Kinda want to experiment with other style other than denim and bomber, but not sure what to start at the same time. Im just looking for nice outwear to wear in LA weather.

Thank you

I still like bombers, just not stuff that feels a bit 2015 Rocky/ Kanye.

No Man Walks Alone has a burgundy bomber from Kaptain Sunshine right now that I think looks great.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Listen to this man and do not wear trainers with suits. If you want to go super casual get repettos or something along those lines.

Fuuma, do you ever wear trainers with jeans and sport coat? I do that quite a bit. I'm also guilty of wearing trainers with a suit occasionally, albeit a very casual suit (rumpled linen or baggy cotton, etc). With more formal suits, I defintely wear leather shoes.

Still looking for bomber... lol. Are they too hideous and odd, or unique and interesting? I want a bomber that I could wear with jeans or trouser. Basically as versatile as it gets, but not boring or what we normally see for a bomber jacket. Thank you

I'm all for the rainbow flag -- and I even have a pride t-shirt or two -- but that's such a specific statement a whole jacket would definetly not be versatile. Also, bright orange? How about a green or burgundy solid bomber if you're looking for something a little bit off?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm all for the rainbow flag -- and I even have a pride t-shirt or two -- but that's such a specific statement a whole jacket would definetly not be versatile. Also, bright orange? How about a green or burgundy solid bomber if you're looking for something a little bit off?

100% for the message, but I feel like, aesthetically on a bomber, that would look better if you just DIY punk'd it with your own makeshift rainbow flag and sharpie marker messages.

I'm down for political or message-driven t-shirts though.

yunBW

Reaction score
I still like bombers, just not stuff that feels a bit 2015 Rocky/ Kanye.

No Man Walks Alone has a burgundy bomber from Kaptain Sunshine right now that I think looks great.
I see.

I think the pocket is a bit too big for my liking, which feels a bit out of proportion. But burgundy bomber are really nice in General

yunBW

Reaction score

Yeah definitely the color and logo will make the whole jacket more as a statement piece. I’m ok with orange because I have someone styled with an orange DVN back zip bomber and it looks really nice. Also, the sides are reversible so it’s just green on the other side. I’m now thinking to get burgundy bomber instead of black or green.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
100% for the message, but I feel like, aesthetically on a bomber, that would look better if you just DIY punk'd it with your own makeshift rainbow flag and sharpie marker messages.

I'm down for political or message-driven t-shirts though.

I'm only down with political t-shirts when they contain slogans from failed presidential campaigns, e.g. 'All the Way With Adlai'.

I actually think the APC MA-1 is pretty nice. Not super-fancy or high-concept, but it fits really well and just feels...nice.

I'm totally basic, tho. :embar:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Speaking of basic, looking at these:

Flame_Suede_Sand_frontside_1024x1024.jpg

Pros: I like the color, the western detail, the back-zip (which is Riri), and that it comes with a lugged sole

Cons: unknown brand (Project TWLV; I believe @dieworkwear mentioned then earlier), heel could be a shade lower (although it's well within my range of acceptable)

Neutrals: I usually go for a more rounded toebox (a la Guidi, Officine Creative, &c.) and this one's kind of tapered, although my Lucchese Jonahs are also a little more tapered and they're my current go-to.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like those, but 1) there's a seemingly weird shade of pink to that color? Not sure if that color is accurate in the photo

2) That company often distresses their toeboxes, which IMO loos not ideal

^ what are those? I like them.

From a company called Project TWLV. I randomly found them a couple of months ago, but have no direct experience with the brand. Someone PM'd me a couple of weeks ago and said they bought a pair recently and like them for the price

https://www.projecttwlv.com

yunBW

Reaction score
I like the look of this boot, but I dislike about the Distressed suede ( I just never liked distressed suede for some reason)
The color seems ok, I feel other shade of suede will look better.

I really like the style, the heel is a good height, but I prefer higher for the SLP look. Toe and shaft from side profile seems pretty nice.

The brand itself is not great when compared to GYW shoesmaker, but when compared to fashion house maker it on the higher level.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moradinho