• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Etys void tote (capacity / utility / comfort level when worn cross-body)?

105415FW-MC025553_1671_201603252137255a91kH_trim.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Anyone got experience with harris wharf or tomrrowland coats? Also does anyone here own a shirt from kooples?

I'm a big fan of Harris Wharf odd jackets / blazers / whatever you want to call them. The coats are a little more of a mixed bag for me. I picked one up at some point (I think it was the 'boxy coat' model) and ended up reselling it because a) the fit was snug enough that I couldn't do much layering underneath, b) it was unlined and the wool (or wool blend; I forget) didn't slide on as easily as I'd like, and c) the placement and orientation of the pockets made them pooch out in a way that looked odd on me. All of the above could likely be solved (or at least mitigated by a) sizing up and b) exclusively wearing it open (which is going to look better but cost you in terms of warmth).

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I'd say Barena tends to be a little more boxy or slouchy, while Harris Wharf fits a little trimmer. I like them both, but I'd give the edge to Harris Wharf if I had to pick one.

There's also a lot more variety in terms of the styles Barena puts out, while Harris Wharf only has a handful.

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find Barena models and sizing to be all over the place for their knitted sport coats and outerwear. You really need to try Barena pieces on to know. In my more limited experience, Harris Wharf sizing and fits are very traditional (TTS).

I find some of Barena's pieces to be more forward in styling and more interesting in terms of weave and texture whereas HW is conservative. But I also have seen a lot of ugly stuff from Barena the last few seasons, too.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like the zip, I actually don't mind the pebble grain. TBH I don't know why I'm thinking instead of just buying. Price, probably.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
That kind of zipper placement bugs me, although I can't really articulate why when I'm generally ok with zippers on boots. I like everything else about those, though.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the zip is in a weird spot especially considering its curved, i really love the derbies from this season and after seeing these boots in person the shape is exactly the same. I haven't found any other black boots that I'm digging aside from the Cp winter combat boots but every time I try and find my size I'm foiled.

Andurew Choi

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Harris Wharf odd jackets / blazers / whatever you want to call them. The coats are a little more of a mixed bag for me. I picked one up at some point (I think it was the 'boxy coat' model) and ended up reselling it because a) the fit was snug enough that I couldn't do much layering underneath, b) it was unlined and the wool (or wool blend; I forget) didn't slide on as easily as I'd like, and c) the placement and orientation of the pockets made them pooch out in a way that looked odd on me. All of the above could likely be solved (or at least mitigated by a) sizing up and b) exclusively wearing it open (which is going to look better but cost you in terms of warmth).
I just received my Tomorrowland and my Harris Wharf jacket. I got both of them in a size 50 but they fit completely different. They both came in a dark navy and they're very similar color wise.

The harris wharf is definitely cut more boxy. I have a lot of extra space to layer, but I don't see my self layering too much. It does come unlined and i'm not too sure I like that. It feels pretty thin, (thinner than a h&m topcoat i bought 4 years ago).

I was actually pretty surprised with the jacket from Tomorrowland. The jacket is a bit thicker than the one from Harris Wharf and it fits very snugly. I won't be able to layer much under it, Probably wont even manage to wear a jacket under it. But seeing as how I don't wear suits to work and it not getting too cold here where I live, I don't think it's a huge problem.

I'm leaning towards keeping the jacket from Tomorrowland, what do you guys think? The standing collar one is from Tomorrowland while the Harris Wharf is the car/mac coat jacket.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads