• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no because you have that other jacket already and my schneider senses tell me that piece will make it to winter sales.

Yeah I am also contemplating this jacket in the black moleskin

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go for something longer like the score, I've never had success with those short hooded jackets

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would go for something longer like the score, I've never had success with those short hooded jackets

Succes? I have the diving jacket from spring and i loved it, what dont you like?

Then again I like the bulky egg shape so that might just be my peculiar tastes haha

dhutt

Reaction score
I've always been a raw denim guy, but recently I have been eyeing these washed APC's. I love the classic, laid back look of them and since I wear mostly black, I think they'd look really good with my wardrobe and they'd definitely be more comfortable. What do you guys think of the washed look?

Last edited by a moderator:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've always been a raw denim guy, but recently I have been eyeing these washed APC's.  I love the classic, laid back look of them and since I wear mostly black, I think they'd look really good with my wardrobe and they'd definitely be more comfortable.  What do you guys think of the washed look?

Seem a bit flabby in the behind. I prefer the more streamlined SLP look to washed denim now, but same idea. Raw denim is a bit sad these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looking to get another Ten C jacket but can't decide on a model. Somewhat leaning towards this, but feeling a bit meh. Anyone have thoughts?

Also kind of considering their short rain parka.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are these jackets on their own? without the inner sherling?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How are these jackets on their own? without the inner sherling?

You mean warmth wise? They're OK. I'd say wearable between 40 and 65 degrees or something.

The shearling liner actually isn't that warm, although I haven't tested it out in really cold conditions yet. I mostly like it for the style. It's just shearling on the neck and front panels. The rest is a light layer of down.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah warmth wise, sorry.
Ah good to know re shearling down hybrid

edit: black btw

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black Ten C looks solid.

Bene, that's a unique pattern and it's just weird to have two different coats made with that. If you get tired of the pattern, you'll be tired of two of them. Also, it will make your first (rather expensive) coat feel less special.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads