• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thankful to anyone that is adventurous enough to try something new, that might in some way help me envision, or decide, what i want for myself in the future...

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think there is a difference whether someone asks a general question "Do you like this style?" or he shows a particular item he has just bought. In the first case, I might voice an opinion, in the second case, if I have nothing nice to say, I hold my council.

Everyone is free to spend his money as he pleases, whether I (or anyone else) agrees or disagrees is totally irrelevant. 'PCK1' is free to spend his money on whatever he pleases.

Silence does not have to mean approval!

What are you talking about?? I never said I didn't like them. In fact, I invested a tidy sum in a pair of Santoni Limited Editions with that same exact "long stitched norwegian front". Personally, I DO like the style, although it is decidely not an "everyday" look, it is different and expressive. Bravo to the buyer.

It is fair for me to point out that there is definitely some love for certain brands regardless of the style they put out. Take out the St. C. label and it is questionable if there would be the same responses.

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't like how the shoes look...thats fine...you don't have to buy them haha...everyone has that freedom of choice.

I do like their appearance...their flare...and intrigue...as they are something different...which is what attracted me to them in the first place.

i think that they will look great with odd trousers and chinos...

And this style of model has been made by many other Italian makers and well received..such as Roberto Ugolini and Riccardo Bestetti...

Last edited:

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you don't like how the shoes look...thats fine...you don't have to buy them haha...everyone has that freedom of choice.

I do like their appearance...their flare...and intrigue...as they are something different...which is what attracted me to them in the first place.

i think that they will look great with odd trousers and chinos...

And this style of model has been made by many other Italian makers and well received..such as Roberto Ugolini and Riccardo Bestetti...

Please read my post above. Clarification.

jdanielca

Reaction score
Not exactly my style but the do not look bad at all, I have seen much much worse lol these looks pretty good

MightnMagic

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Crockett and jones Lowndes, crease on the toe cap?? Thoughts?

Ok, now I have another pair of very light weight monk strap, UK5 as well, fitting... Idk, F maybe? It's of FAM brown sock, in deerskin. feels much better than the Lowndes, no tight instep, and for these creases.... I don't remember if they were there before I wore them...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads