• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bunch of pics of my new Gaziano & Girling MTO, ordered through Skoaktiebolaget. Hove, Vintage Oak, DG70-last, F-width, Single Dainite sole. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Love that on the DG70 Jesper, much better than the MH71 that it is usually on..... good choice!
Thanks a lot! Really pleased with them.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, it is possible to resole a pair of Blake into Blake-rapid?(ie. an extra sole)

I would imagine so. The original outsole would just have to be replaced with a larger piece of leather that would become the midsole. Then a new outsole would be stitched around the perimeter.

Torsion

Reaction score
Wow!! @PCK1 They look like an amazing MTO,I've not seen it before but really liking it!!Really slick looking last there my friend

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass in Museum Calf

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

x-post from the Saint Crispin's thread where I have written a full review... The first of many MTO/Bespoke orders for 2014.
Love the spade soles... magnificent artisanship!

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New heavy artillery! Massive thanks to @edmorel for all the help in getting the right size and for awesome customer service!

These are a half size smaller than my Vass P2 Oxfords. The laces still close up on the left so may have to tongue pad them and they're a little snug width ways in the toes other than that the fit is great and build quality looks fantastic! I think they'll break in superbly.
I'll try to get natural light pics up soon
Nice!!!

I've given some thought from time to time about getting a pair of these myself.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

x-post from the Saint Crispin's thread where I have written a full review... The first of many MTO/Bespoke orders for 2014.
Very nice, of course. I am surprised with the extra long norwegian stitch. VERY Italian in styling... and I have seen it criticized roundly on older SF threads when done by Italian makers.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Allow me to refresh those old critiques: I've never liked lengthened Norwegian aprons, they're much too flashy and make any vamp look disproportionately tiny. Coupled with a sculpted last, these form a shoe that's too flashy for suit wear and too dressy for jeans and such. Like the pair wouldn't know what it's trying to be. Still, I'm torn between St. C. and Bontoni on the finest, tightest apron sewers. Both are exceptional.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

VERY Italian in styling... and I have seen it criticized roundly on older SF threads when done by Italian makers.

I think there is a difference whether someone asks a general question "Do you like this style?" or he shows a particular item he has just bought. In the first case, I might voice an opinion, in the second case, if I have nothing nice to say, I hold my council.

Everyone is free to spend his money as he pleases, whether I (or anyone else) agrees or disagrees is totally irrelevant. 'PCK1' is free to spend his money on whatever he pleases.

Silence does not have to mean approval!

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Silence does not have to mean approval!

Nor does flattery and/or ingratiating praise.

No harm, no foul, I suppose, except that after awhile it's just meaningless blather.

(not saying you're wrong, because you're not)

--

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members