• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirts with patterns on inside of collar and cuffs

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
We bequeathed you the most beautiful, rich and expressive language in the world, the language of Shakespeare.

And you ******* UP....!!!!

'bout time we took the colonies back I think. Enough is enough.

Actually, the language of Shakespeare was preserved in the colonies while the Hanovers came in from Germany and fucked it up for you guys. A lot of what you guys consider americanisims really come from jolly old england and are just things that you lost over time. Including the accent- Shakespeare's diction most closely resembled an American southern accent.

There's a book called "The Mother Tongue". I can't recommend it enough if you're interested in the history of the English language even a little.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This must be some new look that hasn't quite made it this way yet. I have only seen this on guy on tv and I don't really like it. I understand what there going for but it seems a bit douchy to me.

hugh51271

Reaction score
I had a shirt made like this last week and I quite liked it.
I gave it a go for a change.

I don't think I would have too many in my wardrobe, but it does make a change.

The thread for the button holes are also darker (navy blue) than the fabric of the shirt(sky blue).

I was unsure when I first looked at it, but when it's on, it looks much better.

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Actually, the language of Shakespeare was preserved in the colonies while the Hanovers came in from Germany and fucked it up for you guys. A lot of what you guys consider americanisims really come from jolly old england and are just things that you lost over time. Including the accent- Shakespeare's diction most closely resembled an American southern accent.

There's a book called "The Mother Tongue". I can't recommend it enough if you're interested in the history of the English language even a little.

+1 Without wanting to hijack this thread - that book is very interesting and does quash the notion that American's rooted the English language. FWIW, I am not from States or Canada either!

Mr. Tweed

Reaction score
I consider this yet another case of the "classic with a twist" disease. I certainly do not mind people showing a personal style by, respectfully, mixing garments, patterns and colours to create interesting and slightly innovative combinations. That is how our clothing traditions have developed, and still develop, over time. However, messing up classic garment, like a dress shirt, with unnecessary and flashy details is certainly not my cup of tea.

First, get the classics, then, add the twist!

Yours,
Mr Tweed

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Do it. Do it loud.

Improves the odds for the rest of us.

In all reality, it would probably improve his odds with 95% of women. It may be tacky when it comes to styleforum standards, but the public's (especially females) opinion of fashion is much less refined. If it was burberry, he'd probably have bar wenches by the 10s coming up to him saying omg I luv your shirt!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads