• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shell Chukka Decision

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the dundee becomes a regular pair, it would be just like the Malvern, right? Or would it be with a leather sole?

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the dundee becomes a regular pair, it would be just like the Malvern, right? Or would it be with a leather sole?

That I do not know (wish I did), a lot of speculation on my part but sounded like only the limited edition as it exists now but would more of a custom order. I didn't want to push her on it and we should know soon I think.

I'm interested in how your sizing up with the Malvern works out for you. Still not sure about mine and which way to go with them.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That I do not know (wish I did), a lot of speculation on my part but sounded like only the limited edition as it exists now but would more of a custom order. I didn't want to push her on it and we should know soon I think.

I'm interested in how your sizing up with the Malvern works out for you. Still not sure about mine and which way to go with them.

It's gonna take a little to get mine because I bought it through Nordstrom, which is made to order with Allen Edmonds. It'll be interesting whether I actually get my shoes or not. They didn't have my size at AE and it looks like they're discontinuing it, yet Nordstrom is making them make one for me because I bought one. We'll see.

coinopcollector

Reaction score
OP here. I decided to go with the Alden no. 8 Chukka and in fact got a great deal on a brand new pair from forum member cahayes2.
They arrived today. Size 10 D, a half size down fit me perfectly and they are awesome. I'm going to wear them tomorrow with a pair of tan colored Bill's Khakis 5 pockets.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have numerous pairs of shell cordovan shoes and I wouldn't wear them in bad weather (rain, snow). I know a lot of people say they have no issues with their shell cordovan shoes "spotting" when wet, but my experience has been the opposite. I love Chukkas, but no shell cordovan chukkas for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads