• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

RingTail

Reaction score
I'm looking for trim and not slim straight leg jean in a 32" waist (real waist is 32.5), what options do I have for an 8.5" - 9" leg opening?

jfurt

Reaction score
I've got two Buzz Rickson sweats, and my girlfriend just got me the Strike Gold hoodie in oatmeal, and this thing demolishes BR for quality of material I think. Warmer, softer, and for me a better fit. Definitely a Strike Gold convert.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm looking for trim and not slim straight leg jean in a 32" waist (real waist is 32.5), what options do I have for an 8.5" - 9" leg opening?

Check out these jeans:
Strike Gold SG1105
Real Japan Blues 106BSP
(leg opening will shrink almost .5" after a hot soak with both of those jeans)

I've got two Buzz Rickson sweats, and my girlfriend just got me the Strike Gold hoodie in oatmeal, and this thing demolishes BR for quality of material I think. Warmer, softer, and for me a better fit. Definitely a Strike Gold convert.

I've been saying this since we got them in, glad you were able to see it for yourself. The fabric is heavy, super soft on the inside, and nearly windproof with how tight the warp is woven.

RingTail

Reaction score
Check out these jeans:
Strike Gold SG1105
Real Japan Blues 106BSP
(leg opening will shrink almost .5" after a hot soak with both of those jeans)

How about 3sixteen+ 11BSP, will leg opening also shrink down to around 8" from 8.7" on a 32"? In which case would I be better off moving to a 33" instead of 32", or will that get the waist too loose after washes and streching?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How about 3sixteen+ 11BSP, will leg opening also shrink down to around 8" from 8.7"  on a 32"? In which case would I be better off moving to a 33" instead of 32", or will that get the waist too loose after washes and streching?

On those the leg opening will shrink .4" after a hot soak. It's not a wide leg jean but the leg opening may be bigger than what you're looking for.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

try the organic sda. by far the best lw sweat produced.

Last edited:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

try the organic sda. by far the best lw sweat produced.

That organic fabric from SDA isn't even as soft of RM's version, let alone SG's version. Not to mention that the weave is super loose on the SDA fabric which is partially why it's so soft on the outside. Try again. Or come into one of our stores and actually feel the stuff in person.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That organic fabric from SDA isn't even as soft of RM's version, let alone SG's version. Not to mention that the weave is super loose on the SDA fabric which is partially why it's so soft on the outside. Try again. Or come into one of our stores and actually feel the stuff in person.

interesting. ive been in your store a couple times kiya.

i encourage anyone out there to find out for themselves. i suspect if you were able to carry sda then you might say something else ... after all, whatever you dont carry is ****, right? we all know this to not be true so i encourage people to find out for themselves.

and the regular sda is much softer and warmer then the br stuff. the organic cotton is on a whole new level. nothing you have even comes close.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you do me a huge favor and take your Blue In Green fanboy posts to another thread?
Gordon and i are friends, we work together, we don't carry each other's brands because we have chosen to sell different brands. Please do me a favor and research more about what you post about before you hit the "submit" button. It doesn't matter what i say, you come back with some moronic remark and it seems your only intention is to ruffle feathers.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Can you do me a huge favor and take your Blue In Green fanboy posts to another thread?
Gordon and i are friends, we work together, we don't carry each other's brands because we have chosen to sell different brands. Please do me a favor and research more about what you post about before you hit the "submit" button. It doesn't matter what i say, you come back with some moronic remark and it seems your only intention is to ruffle feathers.

just because im right doesnt mean you need to get your panties all knotted up. the organic cotton is a finer material then what they use in the sg. the sg stuff is fine, its not at the level of the sda though.

PROVE me wrong kiya.

Last edited:

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

kiya you dont need to pm me. you can ask me what you need to in the thread.

The man is just trying to do business on a thread he pays for. Why is it unreasonable for him to try to take outside any debate you might have with him?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads