• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Reg. the Strike Gold sweats, it would be great if they could offer other colors. I have the navy, and I'd love either an olive or a grey.

They're a very small company, i was surprised that they even did three colors because i know how much it costs in Japan to produce that type of fabric. Haven't heard what colors they're doing this fall, but hopefully gray is one of them.

Arizor

Reaction score
To update on my SG1105, after the initial 45 min hot soak and air dry, I wore them for a day and followed it up with a 30 min boiling soak and 20 mins tumble dry, then air dry to get the rest of the shrinkage out.

Worked perfectly and now I love the fit.

To all those worried about throwing jeans in the dryer, seriously don't worry too much (unless you're trying to avoid shrinking, then worry). 20-30 mins in the dryer alone won't murder your fades unless you chuck a few rocks in also.

Second day of wearing:
photo2-13.jpg

photo1-15.jpg

bagley920

Reaction score
Sorry but I've never had good luck with jeans in the dryer, atleast not since I started buying my own jeans instead of Levi's from mom.

Nerkg

Reaction score

To update on my SG1105, after the initial 45 min hot soak and air dry, I wore them for a day and followed it up with a 30 min boiling soak and 20 mins tumble dry, then air dry to get the rest of the shrinkage out.
Worked perfectly and now I love the fit.
To all those worried about throwing jeans in the dryer, seriously don't worry too much (unless you're trying to avoid shrinking, then worry). 20-30 mins in the dryer alone won't murder your fades unless you chuck a few rocks in also.
Second day of wearing:
photo2-13.jpg

photo1-15.jpg
They look super light for new raw denim, you must have lost ALOT of indigo. Bye bye high contrast fade..

Arizor

Reaction score

They look super light for new raw denim, you must have lost ALOT of indigo. Bye bye high contrast fade..

Really?

Here's before:
photo2-12.jpg

Here's after:
photo2-13.jpg

If you can see a big difference then you've got better eyes than me, or maybe a better monitor...

edit: Plus my personal preference is vintage fades, as opposed to high contrast. Whenever I see high contrast, whether authentic or not, it just looks to me like pre-faded. Though admittedly when I first got into raw denim years ago all I cared about was high contrast, wear my jeans for 6 months without touching water etc., but it just looks fake to me now.

Last edited:

arsn89

Reaction score
Is it me or are the Imperial duke Jeans a lot more different according to the sizing chart? I was always put off by them because of the inseam/and small thigh room. But these measurements I see now are a lot to my liking, so I'm confused.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is it me or are the Imperial duke Jeans a lot more different according to the sizing chart? I was always put off by them because of the inseam/and small thigh room. But these measurements I see now are a lot to my liking, so I'm confused.

They slightly tweaked the fit and reduced the inseam. Also the jean looks much better with the Japanese production behind it.

arsn89

Reaction score
Oh ok, that also explains the price increase. Might just pick up a size 32 this weekend. Is it just the dukes that got the change?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge New Product Update

Spring is around the corner and we're getting in new items on a weekly basis, if you're local to one of our stores drop in and check out what's new.

3sixteen+
We've got an awesome new jean from 3sixteen+ made of a left hand twill denim produced by Kuroki Mills in Okayama Japan. The fabric has a really interested deep indigo shade to it and a great hand once soaked. The jean was cut and sewn in America and comes with hidden rivets, a well tanned leather patch, and a great straight leg fit. Due to the limited amount of the fabric these were made in a small run of 100 pairs and won't be restocked.

Iron Heart
We launched a new collaboration with Iron Heart last week, it's moving quickly at all of our stores, check them out online or come into a store to try a pair on. Along with the collaboration we got a full restock of the 666 Devil's Fit and a new indigo bandana. All stores have also gotten full restocks of all regular model jeans. The bandanas will be in the online store on February 25th and the next 301s restock is April 1st.

Real Japan Blues
RJB is still one of our favorite brands when it comes to fit and fabric. We just received some new shirts from their Spring/Summer collection along with some hot argyle socks. Along with these shirts and sock we got the rest of the run of the 103BSP and 106BSP jeans, these are all available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Flat Head
From Flat Head we've received a full restock of all their jeans including the SE05BSP, 3009 (F380), Women's Balder jean, and the last of the SEXFHXRJB15 jeans. Along with these jean restocks we got a great new polo shirt, polos are in again, at least we think so (as long as you promise not to tuck them in).

Imperial
Imperial has decided to move the production of their two most popular jeans to Japan. The Duke (indigo) and Shearer (indigo) jeans are now fully produced in Japan. What this means is a higher level of construction with new features such as rolled belt loops, hidden rivets, and chainstitched hems. The denim is still a 14.25oz Japanese selvedge fabric and the fits on both have been slightly modified. Check the online store for an updated size chart and spec list. We've also got a few more of the SEXI14 jeans in both indigo and black. All these jeans are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Sugar Cane
A full restock of all Sugar Cane jeans is hitting all stores on Monday, February 27.

Mister Freedom
The spring collection starts shipping to stores March 10th, in the meantime we've gotten a full restock of the Troy Deck Jacket and the Mulholland Master in both colors at Self Edge New York.

Dry Bones
All three stores have just received a full restock of the Red-D Slim jeans from Dry Bones, there are a few more pairs coming into SESF and online on Saturday, February 25th. We also got a fill in of sizes of the Dry Bones Award Jacket, available now at all three stores and in our online store.

Strike Gold
All stores have received a full restock of all four Strike Gold jean models and we've received their highly anticipated loopwheeled blank hoodies, we feel these are the ultimate hoodie. If you're size is sold out online you can call SELA for a phone order, we received our shipment there this week.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esthensose