• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

david123

Reaction score
Could you explain for the less sophisticated the difference between the 3sixteen+ Game-Changers and the regular 3sixteen's that are coming out May 1?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
Could you explain for the less sophisticated the difference between the 3sixteen+ Game-Changers and the regular 3sixteen's that are coming out May 1?
The only similarities are the fits available, everything else from the country they're made in, to the denim, hardware, and even artwork is completely different.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last post about Viva Las Vegas, i swear... One of the best bands i saw all weekend was a young band from England called The Caezars that are signed to Wild Records. I think this is what rockabilly felt like when you were young and reckless and saw rock bands in the 50's. I filmed a few seconds of their set..
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
019fbfaf.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sugar Cane & Sun Surf Summer Collections

We hope it's starting to warm up where ever you live because we just received some of the breeziest shirts we've ever carried.

Both Sugar Cane and Sun Surf have delivered some light weight shirts along with some 3/4 sleeve oxfords and linen & hemp shirts.

We've also received a limited run of a set of 1934 World's Fair Souvenir shirts that Sugar Cane has done reproductions of complete with the medal coin that would come with the shirts as a "certificate of authenticity". The fabrics on these are to exact spec of the originals and even the same buttons were reproduced for this run of shirts.

All these shirts along with a full restock of all Sugar Cane jeans is now available at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for full product specs, hi-res photos, and measurement guides.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=65

Sun Surf 3/4 Sleeve Hula Oxford - Blue
Sun_surf_blue_01.jpg

Sun_surf_blue_01_03.jpg

Sun Surf 3/4 Sleeve Hula Oxford - White
Sun_surf_white_01.jpg

Sun_surf_white_01_03.jpg

Sugar Cane Jean Cord Workshirt - Black
Sc_thinstripe_01.jpg

Sc_thinstripe_01_03.jpg

Sugar Cane Light 3/4 Sleeve Hemp Shirt - Red/Yellow Madras
Sc_red_01.jpg

Sc_red_01_02.jpg

Sugar Cane Light 3/4 Sleeve Summer Shirt - Navy/White
Sc_light_blue_01.jpg

Sc_light_blue_01_03.jpg

Star of Hollywood Diamond Polo
Star_polo1.jpg

Star_polo1_02.jpg

Sugar Cane 1934 World's Fair Souvenir Shirt - Indigo Chambray
Sc_chambray_01.jpg

Sc_chambray_01_03.jpg

Sugar Cane 1934 World's Fair Souvenir Shirt - Navy Stripe
Sc_blue_01.jpg

Sc_blue_01_05.jpg

Sugar Cane 1934 World's Fair Souvenir Shirt - Black Stripe
Sc_blk_01.jpg

Sc_blk_01_03.jpg

premo

Reaction score
Are the SC 3/4s pretty slim? 6'2 210 = XL?

And what about the FH Light Iron Short Sleeve? 46?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by premo
Are the SC 3/4s pretty slim? 6'2 210 = XL?

And what about the FH Light Iron Short Sleeve? 46?

The new SC shirts aren't very slim. I'd say a XL should work for you.

The FH shirts are slimmer but now they go up to 46 which means you can size one up and it'll work.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya-if I cold washed the Dry Bones Red D Slim, how much shrinkage could I expect? I'm assuming the 1.5" you state on your website is if washed in hot water.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Kiya-if I cold washed the Dry Bones Red D Slim, how much shrinkage could I expect? I'm assuming the 1.5" you state on your website is if washed in hot water.

I'd say about .75" to 1" in the length and about .75" max in the waist.
That's with a cold wash and line dry.

paul_s

Reaction score
kiya said:
Sugar Cane & Sun Surf Summer Collections Sun Surf 3/4 Sleeve Hula Oxford - White
Sun_surf_white_01.jpg
Sun_surf_white_01_03.jpg
This really doesn't look right and the one before it. Is it how the shirt should be or too short for the model?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
paul_s;4441191 said:
Originally Posted by kiya
Sugar Cane & Sun Surf Summer Collections
245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/kiyababzani/Sugar%20Cane/Sun_surf_white_01_03.jpg[/IMG]

This really doesn't look right and the one before it. Is it how the shirt should be or too short for the model?

The model is very tall and slender, also if you're referring to the sleeves their cut at 3/4 length and they're cuffed in the photo. If you're talking about the body length then yes, he's a bit tall for the shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads