• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

Christobevii3

Reaction score
Is there a heavier jean that you would recommend? I'm looking for something that would be ok for winter when its in the 30 degrees areas. I have some flathead f380's and those are the closest for heavier warmer denim but isn't cutting it. Similar cut that is between the f380 and sugar cane 1966 would be good.

ajchen

Reaction score
Iron Heart 634s is the way to go.

Originally Posted by Christobevii3
Is there a heavier jean that you would recommend? I'm looking for something that would be ok for winter when its in the 30 degrees areas. I have some flathead f380's and those are the closest for heavier warmer denim but isn't cutting it. Similar cut that is between the f380 and sugar cane 1966 would be good.

twylo

Reaction score
Well, fit in regards to me being taller and slimmer (6'2", 190), fading properties, and how will they hold up? My Nudies have all ripped in the crotch..

denimnovice

Reaction score
Are the 3sixteen+ 20BSP going to be restocked soon? If they are, should I go with a size 30? My waist size is around 31.5

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

Imperial, our sole brand from Australia, comes back with another jean made for lovers of slim cuts. This is a further interpretation of the slim centimeter cut, this time tweaking the silhouette a bit to match up to the 18cm fit. This fit isn't necessarily slimmer than the last collaboration we did with Imperial, it's just a little different in it's shaping.

We've had Imperial produce this collaboration jean in Japan, whereas their regular jeans are made of Japanese fabrics but cut and sewn in Australia. The denim is a 15oz unsanforized selvedge fabric that's a super loose weave available in both indigo and black, both are sure to age very well considering the texture of the denim and the loomstate nature of the fabric. The denim was woven in Okayama and the jean was cut and sewn within minutes of the denim mill.
The denim has a very unique feel to it, it's abrasive at first but definitely not very rigid due to the lack of starch. The belt loops are rolled for sturdiness, the pack pockets are riveted, and the inside pocket bags are screened.

The SEXI14 & SEXI14BK jeans will be released at Self Edge San Francisco, Self Edge New York, and Self Edge Los Angeles at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, December 11th.
The jeans will also be available online at 10am (PST) the same day in the online store.

Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:
https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=33

SEXI14 Indigo & Black
sexi_indigo_01.jpg

sexi_black_01.jpg

sexi_indigo_04.jpg

sexi_indigo_05.jpg

sexi_indigo_06.jpg

sexi_indigo_07.jpg

sexi_black_04.jpg

sexi_black_05.jpg

sexi_black_06.jpg

sexi_black_07.jpg

Kraken

Reaction score
I am considering getting a pair of Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture x Styleforum as my first good pair of jeans. How exacly do I chose size? I am slim at 6'2'' and 140 pounds.

Should I be following instructions in this post http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=68358 ? What kind of result can I expect with these jeans after heavy wear?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
go measure your waist to find your true waist size. also go measure your best fitting pair of pants and right down all the measurements. then compare and match with the ones on selfedges sight. just be aware of shrinkage ana you should be good to go

you can use these as measuring tips: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...tent&task=view

Really make sure you are measuring jeans that truly fit you snug and that you get the correct waist measurement. Measure the waist with a measuring tape, don't just look at the tagged size, as that can be deceiving - you may think your true waist is a certain size and it's not. All I'm saying is that if you are ordering online get it right. At 6'2" with the 3" shrinkage in inseam you can probably get away with not hemming these, assuming you want to cuff them or get some good stacking.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^alternatively you could get the black imperials and the collab jean
smile.gif

butyeah i know what you mean. i want both as well but dont have enough hours in the day two focus on two sick jeans haha. chose the dbs cuz i had the sexdbs09 and they were amazing in fit, construction, and fades. i regret selling those now that im getting the db 2.0 ... woulda been nice to have both in a little collection.

but regardless, the patch on the imperials is really awesome though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads