• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Roy & His Cone Project Kinda Special Jeans

Roy Slaper is back to making jeans and we think he's created his best fitting jean yet. It's between a slim and straight cut with some taper to the leg using his specially made 14.5oz loomstate Cone White Oak denim that was developed exclusively for Roy. This is the denim that was produced for the RN04 jean originally and clocks in at 14.5oz per square yard in its raw state yet feels like a heavier denim than its stated weight. The denim has a nice heft to it and the fit is just perfect. The fabric's fibers really come alive after the initial soak with a little bit of hairiness which goes away after a week or two of wear. With a denim this rigid we're sure to see some wild worn in pairs later this year with a higher contrast wear pattern than his last lighter weight jean release.

If worn true to size the jean will fit a little slimmer than shown in the photos, yet due to the cut of the upper block it's a jean that can easily be sized up or down for a slimmer or roomier fit without looking sloppy or too snug.

These jeans will go on sale at Noon (local time) at all four Self Edge stores on Saturday, July 19th and at 9am (PDT) in our online store on the same day.
Check the product page for full measurements, a full spec list, more info, and high-res photographs.

Shop Roy Online

ROY_KS_01-682x1025.jpg

ROY_KS_03-1456x923.jpg

ROY_KS_04-1025x682.jpg

ROY_KS_05-1025x682.jpg

ROY_KS_06-1025x682.jpg

ROY_KS_07-1025x682.jpg

ROY_KS_08-1025x682.jpg

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think Roy will ever release outerwear, even if non-denim? He'd probably have an interesting take on some of the more classic designs.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Think Roy will ever release outerwear, even if non-denim? He'd probably have an interesting take on some of the more classic designs.

Maybe some day.. outerwear takes a completely different set of machines and materials/trim to produce meaning he'd have to create a secondary studio to even attempt it.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Stevenson Summer Collection & 727 Jean

Stevenson Overall Company has turned into a favorite of ours over the past year. They're able to create perfect garments while staying true to a mid-century style. With this delivery we have three shirts and a new production run of the 727 jean. We're starting to see photographs of what their jeans are looking like after a year or so of wear and it's impressive. The aging that takes place on the edges of the back pockets looks great and the denim feels and ages as a good vintage style selvedge denim should.

These three new shirts and a new run of the 727 jean are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the product pages for full spec lists, measurements, and more photographs.

Shop Stevenson Online

STVNSN_BLUE_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_BLUE_04-1025x682.jpg

STVNSN_GREY_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_GREY_03-1108x737.jpg

STVNSN_PATTERN_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_PATTERN_04-1025x682.jpg

STVNSN_L727_01-454x683.JPG

STVNSN_L727_01_02-1026x683.JPG

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This Saturday we’re celebrating our first year at Self Edge Portland with beers, a sale, and a Good Art Trunk Show. Come by and see our summer collections, enjoy a beer, and take a close look at Good Art’s jewelry and accessories!

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

They look great! I just wish Roy did girls' or custom jeans! I emailed him, and he sent back a lovely sincere apology, but his business is so busy he doesn't have enough time :-( Gordon at BiG directed me towards 3x1, where they do custom jeans from size 23" in rare Japanese denims - they're not cheap but they're very well made and great selection of rare Selvedge denims:):):)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Stevenson Summer Collection & 727 Jean

Stevenson Overall Company has turned into a favorite of ours over the past year. They're able to create perfect garments while staying true to a mid-century style. With this delivery we have three shirts and a new production run of the 727 jean. We're starting to see photographs of what their jeans are looking like after a year or so of wear and it's impressive. The aging that takes place on the edges of the back pockets looks great and the denim feels and ages as a good vintage style selvedge denim should.

These three new shirts and a new run of the 727 jean are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the product pages for full spec lists, measurements, and more photographs.

Shop Stevenson Online

STVNSN_BLUE_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_BLUE_04-1025x682.jpg

STVNSN_GREY_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_GREY_03-1108x737.jpg

STVNSN_PATTERN_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_PATTERN_04-1025x682.jpg

STVNSN_L727_01-454x683.JPG

STVNSN_L727_01_02-1026x683.JPG

The second one is to die for!:)

mike1445

Reaction score
Just split the crotch in my CS-100s so I'll be sending those in to try and salvage them. They've been getting pretty continuous and tough wear as my work jeans since April of last year. I've got some 30BSPs for off hours but I'm curious if you have a fit of any other brand that's got the seat room of the CS-100 with a bit narrower leg opening. Thanks,
Mike

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just split the crotch in my CS-100s so I'll be sending those in to try and salvage them. They've been getting pretty continuous and tough wear as my work jeans since April of last year. I've got some 30BSPs for off hours but I'm curious if you have a fit of any other brand that's got the seat room of the CS-100 with a bit narrower leg opening. Thanks,
Mike

We just released a jean which i believe is exactly what you're looking for:
http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1278&search=633s

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara