• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Strike Gold Loopwheeled Crewneck Sweaters, Denim Shirts, & Winter Flannels

Strike Gold is back with more for their winter collection.

We've found the ultimate loopwheeled crewneck sweater. A sweater that is a true loopwheeled fabric, flatlock seam stitched throughout, kitten soft exterior and interior, a beautiful fit, and great detailing that's only noticed by those who've studied the art of the loopwheeled sweater. We know this all sounds like a bit much, but once you see these in person you'll know, there's something very special about them that sets them apart from the rest.

They've also done a very small run of of a rope-dyed denim shirt that's got a great vibrant indigo color that's slightly red-cast. Due to the super saturated color of the indigo it's sure to age well with wear.

Along with these sweaters and denim shirt we've received two new flannels in great vibrant colors, both available in traditional open-top pen-pocket designs.

With these sweaters and shirts we've received a full restock of all four of their jean models along with their popular cod-oil soaked waterproof leather belts. So thick it'll satisfy even the heartiest of hungers if stuck on a deserted island.

All these items are available now at all three Self Edge stores, check the online store for full specs on the sweaters and shirts along with measurements, hi-res photos, and more.

Strike Gold: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86

Strike Gold Heavy Loopwheeled Sweatshirt - Black
SG_CREW_BLK_01.jpg

SG_CREW_BLK_03.jpg

Strike Gold Heavy Loopwheeled Sweatshirt - Navy
SG_CREW_NAVY_01.jpg

SG_CREW_NAVY_05.jpg

Strike Gold Heavy Loopwheeled Sweatshirt - Oatmeal
SG_CREW_STONE_01.jpg

Strike Gold Rope-Dyed Denim Workshirt
SG_SHIRT_DENIM_01.jpg

SG_SHIRT_DENIM_03.jpg

Strike Gold Ibarra Flannel Shirt - Navy
SG_SHIRT_LIGHTBLUE_01.jpg

SG_SHIRT_LIGHTBLUE_03.jpg

SG_SHIRT_LIGHTBLUE_05.jpg

Strike Gold Ibarra Flannel Shirt - Orange/Teal
SG_SHIRT_MULTI-COLOR_01.jpg

SG_SHIRT_MULTI-COLOR_03.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge Update

We just received a full restock of all Flat Head jeans including the SE05BSP. Along with the jean restock we've received some new Flat Head and RJB shirts and wallets, all are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Strike Gold has also sent us a full restock of all shirts, sweaters, belts, and jeans. These are turning into some of our fastest selling items, you must see them in person if possible.

We've also gotten a full restock of the Kawatako Brass Keyhooks.

From 3sixteen we've gotten a restock of all their jeans at all three stores and in our online store, if you're size is missing we'll do our best to restock them next week.

Last but not least we've gotten a few restocks of missing sizes of the more popular Yellow Rat items.

Check it all out here: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

jfurt

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that the new Strike Gold shirts are the real deal. I picked up the denim one, and it's really pretty impressive. I'm glad their shirts are sized a little more generously than the last line they produced, because I'm definitely sold on the brand now.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

did this Kiya guy get some prescription strength rogain or follicle replacement surgery?

You're still a moron. Had i actually gotten something like that done i wouldn't be bald, right?
Go back to ripping people off in your sale threads.

Last edited:

ajchen

Reaction score

could anyone provide some backstory to this great photograph? :) Orchard Street is fun.
c78dedda112a11e19896123138142014_7.jpg

I came into the shop one morning to find this big gold security truck and a bunch of guys in black suits milling around. I think they were filming some kind of small film or short; they were posted up outside our shop for maybe 3 hours or so (before we opened up). It seemed like a pretty low key operation, no permits were obtained.

Kraken

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little guidance for my next purchase. I'm 25 and didn't wear jeans much until a year ago when I got a pair of SEXDBXSXS12in size 30. My waist is 31 and I find they look very slim on me which is good. I'm tall and thin at 6'2'' and 150 pounds. I now want to add one or two pairs.

I've recently been eyeing the Roy Black 'n Blue Pants - BNB1. My understanding is that these are not really jeans since it is made with a canvas but that the material feels and fades similar to jeans. Is that correct? What are the other differences I should expect compared to standard jeans? Should sizing be the same? Since those appear to be moderately different than jeans I am also open to buying another pair of jeans as well (and/or instead).

I am looking for something that will be slightly to very slim fitting, has a different look/feel than the SEXDBXSXS12(cut may be similar), produces nice fading and either black (maybe dark gray if I get BNB1), lighter blue or possibly dark red (fading less important). I would like the fabric to have some interest to it in the sense that is has to be different than the other pairs (e.g. slubbier). No heavy denim since my current pair is 22oz. I saw Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Pomegranate 14oz Selvedge Denim but I am not sure sure how they fit, although measurements for size 29 appears similar to SEXDBXSXS12 in size 30. I think I may also regret getting red as it will frequently be in my rotation. Any recommendations?

I am also looking for an accessory to enhance my overall look with jeans. Not sure what to get but I don't want any leather on it and I want it to have some level of interest. I've been considering the following but had some questions.

SE Dale Key Holder - Do you typically wear a key, key chain or chain linked to key/key chain at the bottom hook? Would this fall off a belt loop easily?

Kawatako Brass Key Hook - Same as above +
Can anybody post pics of Kawatako brass key hook on their denim? I wanna see how it holds on the belt loop...

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads