• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Secret shirtmaker in London?

Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone know a great shirtmaker with classic cuts in London besides the big players like T&A, Emma Willis and Hilditch & Key etc.? Something more secret?

Cheers

G

Griffindork

Sean O'Flynn used to get a lot of attention, but I haven't heard anything about him in years. That would be next on my list to try if I were inclined to given another English shirt maker a go. I've used Budd and found it pretty unimpressive, but they've had a lot of personal movement since then so maybe things have gotten better. I used T&A in NYC, which I'm sure is a poor substitute for using them in London, but I thought it was nothing special and committing to six shirts before you receive a single one strikes me as absurd. Good luck.

Astaroth

Reaction score
committing to six shirts before you receive a single one strikes me as absurd. Good luck.

Its not uncommon for London shirt makers to have a minimum order.

Know a few that have used Choppin & Lodge but again they are nothing special, have a minimum order but at £180 at least its not as pricy as most the others named

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads