• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Ford Oud Fleur again. I'm coming 'round on this one, but I still think it smells like old lady band aids.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For Sunday, I am wearing Tam Dao EdT.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I put on a lot of Papillon Salome. This is an intense, old-school animalic that I'd guess is the chypre genre. I'd say that it has a style like Bandit but is even raunchier. I'm going to enjoy being enveloped by this all day.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blind bought Zegna - acqua di bergamotto today, should be here by the end of the week. Notes look like something I'd like, but at a fraction of the price.

Been wearing Aqua Universalis Forte again lately, purchased a sample of Aqua Universalis to compare.

IChen

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Forte. I think it's fresh and simple for a warmer day.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, it's really beautiful. It's not really a lilac scent in the style, say, of En Passant or Opardu. What's most surprising in the scent is the cocoa note, which for me arrives later in the drydown, but which is dominant from the very beginning on my gf's skin. (Her skin always brings out the sweetness in scents.) To me, it's the cocoa that elevates this from very good to great. There's also a nutty heliotrope and sweet vanilla. Patchouli adds a bit of sharpness too.

I'm wearing Lilac Love this evening, and I can't escape the notion that it reminds me of Dior Homme.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Frederic Malle Bois D'orage (French Lover to non-'Mericans)--I wear it year round, but holy *******'s good on a brisk spring day.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm wearing Lilac Love this evening, and I can't escape the notion that it reminds me of Dior Homme.
Interesting. I definitely get a similar chocolatey note, but I find Dior Homme to be quite a bit brighter and higher pitched. I like both very much, but I prefer Lilac Love.

I'm wearing Jul et Mad Secrets du Paradis Rouge today. It's my favorite Jul et Mad, which is saying something because I like their lineup a lot. It's a bitter almondy, somewhat gourmand orange blossom. Still haven't had a chance to try Jul et Mad's latest three scents, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just yesterday I tested that Barbershop Fire one and quite liked it. Something in there was a bit raw that bothered my nose but basically it was like YSL Rive Guache plus incense.

Also went past Mecca here in Sydney and resmelled MFK's line and despite quite a few being a bit one the simple and repetitive side (reductive I guess would be my feeling), there's no doubt they're so well made. I'm still super impressed with his Oud line and my biggest problem really is that I sort of like many of his clean soapy fresh citrus scents but just can't pick out any ONE that stands out. Universalis was nice, but so is APOM, etc. They're all just to similar for me to discern. Need to do some proper testing.

Oh also grabbed a sample of Eau D'Italie Paestum Rose which is a smokey jammy rose and I've quite liked it so I think it's on my to buy list now.

And lately I went to Myers and just sniffed around and 99% of the celebrity or mainstream branded stuff is junk however I really like the scent and bottle of those Dunhills. Bottles look and feel great, and the Icon and Absolute were both pretty solid scents too. That one oud one I really liked and was surprisingly impressed.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ELDO Rien Intense Incense. It's a loud, bitter leather with a big aldehyde note at the top. I'm not typically a big fan of leather scents, but I felt in the mood for it today. I'm enjoying it.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I found an old bottle of Old Spice in in the back of the cabinet and decided to break it out. It's really pretty good. I think the key is using a light hand. I smell this a lot out in the wild, and it's not good at all when someone bathes in it, but if you go easy it's pretty nice.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today I covered myself with a liberal dousing of Tabac EdT

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Le Labo The Noir 29. Such a good fragrance.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today I wore a sample of Kilian Black Oud, which reminded me a lot of my Incense Oud. It's still going lightly about 12 hours later and it did project nicely for the first 3-4 hours or so but I can't say I was that impressed, especially for the $500-600 asking price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics