• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore Egoiste to the ballet today. What was more notable was that someone near me was most certainly wearing Vero Rubj, with it's unmistakable smell that I can only describe as what passionfruit Koolaid would smell like in its still powdered form.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Holy Moly @Thomas is back?! Dude, where've you been? You didn't post all of 2016, and had one post in 2015. So it's been basically 2 years.... glad to hear you're still around and welcome back. I heard being a father takes up a lot of time but damn, we were all hanging out here at the bar and you went to take a leak and then just never came back lol. Stick around :)

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I'm wearing Alt Innsbruck aftershave. Man, this is some good, inexpensive stuff. The mint is bracing on the skin and is a foil for the tobacco flower used here.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Radio Bombay by D.S. & Durga. Those of you who enjoy sandalwood should really give this a try. It opens up with a warm, creamy sandalwood that's complemented by a green note that I thought was cypress, but which is apparently balsam fir. But the best part appears a few minutes into the drydown. There's a metallic note that smells a little bit like a cold penny. This note never dominates the scent, but it adds just enough to make the scent stand out from the crowd of sandalwoods.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today: Costes EdT

Got a sample of this and the Costes 2 on @Baron 's recommendation. It's definitely in my wheelhouse. I love pepper and rose, but I think I prefer Van Cleef Cologne Noire in that vein. This is a tad soapy? or something. I still like it though.

Yesterday: Encre Noir

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Working at a new office. Yesterday was Blenheim Bouquet (beige linen sportscoat, white ocbd, mid grey wool trousers) and today was Prada Amber Intense (dark grey sportscoat, light grey shirt, black pants). The colors seemed to fit the scents.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Today: Costes EdT Got a sample of this and the Costes 2 on @Baron 's recommendation. It's definitely in my wheelhouse. I love pepper and rose, but I think I prefer Van Cleef Cologne Noire in that vein. This is a tad soapy? or something. I still like it though. Yesterday: Encre Noir
Costes is one that I've always wanted to try. I love the color of the glass they use for the bottle as well as the classic stoppered top.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Holy Moly @Thomas is back?! Dude, where've you been? You didn't post all of 2016, and had one post in 2015. So it's been basically 2 years.... glad to hear you're still around and welcome back. I heard being a father takes up a lot of time but damn, we were all hanging out here at the bar and you went to take a leak and then just never came back lol. Stick around :)

LOL, well, a lot has changed, and the changes keep coming. Some better, some worse but isn't that just the human comedy? (BTW I'm pretty sure I fell off around 2013, when I switched jobs and got past the last CPA exam. A lifetime in some respects)

Anyway, I don't know how this happened but Bois 1920's range has gotten firmly on my radar. Today Rosso Relamente (surely I've misspelled it but you'll know what it is).

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I'm wearing Etro Gomma. I may have said this before, but I'm enjoying this more than Knize Ten recently - it's less "dandy" and floral than Knize and has a bitter herbaceousness which I love.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare. A long time ago when I first tried this, I really wanted to like it. I tried my best but the fact is I find it screechy and unpleasant.
SOTD: Maison Margiela Lipstick On. I've mentioned this a few times before: it's a waxy, ricey old-fashioned makeup scent. I enjoy it very much.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Some nice ones yesterday/today.

Got a sample of Jo Malone Tobacco/Mandarine today (from the limited edition "Bloomsbury Set.") It's nice and gives me a momentary blast of the original Guerlain Vetiver's wonderful tobacco note... though it's far less interesting and ultimately stays fairly linear along the line of its name.

Maybe worth a bottle if only because there isn't a lot out there like it, that takes the tobacco note without making it too resinous or heavy.

Last edited:

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is D.S. Durga- Sir. The mandarin comes out but the rose absolute is strong in the front as well. I am usually not a fan of rose scents on myself but this one is nice, the moss, patchouli and jasmine come through. I think this could grow on me.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I wore Masque Russian Tea. I put on four sprays, which is a lot for this heavy duty fragrance. I really enjoyed the mint today with this heavy application.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LM Parfums Hard Leather Extrait today. It smells exactly as it sounds, its a punch of leather but in a really good way. A really well aged leather and rum scent, but I feel as if I can smell a barrel, like a spicy dried rum barrel. I also get the plasticky styrax smell that adds somehow to the spiciness. A really cool scent if you are into leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics