• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dominique Ropoin's Musc Ravageur for Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle.

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I am your weatherman.
I am the walrus. Iris Silver Mist. coo coo kachoo

mdg137

Reaction score
J. Peterman's 1903-- One of the only really GOOD things I ever acquired from there, been wearing it everyday for about 10 years.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For some reason I skipped scents for this morning but this evening I'm wearing Tom Ford Amber Absolute. It's better with each wearing - a smoky, spicy amber.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caron's YATAGAN today.

JammieDodger

Reaction score
I've noticed no-one wears a single fragrance day in, day out. Why is this? I've always been told to wear a single fragrance constantly so that women recognise it as being you (and think of you when they smell it elsewhere). Is it just me or does switching fragrances go against the territorial premise of aftershave, etc.?

eidolon

Reaction score
D&G Pour Homme. Haven't tried this in a while, it's still the only floral scent I can stand wearing.
Originally Posted by JammieDodger
I've noticed no-one wears a single fragrance day in, day out. Why is this? I've always been told to wear a single fragrance constantly so that women recognise it as being you (and think of you when they smell it elsewhere). Is it just me or does switching fragrances go against the territorial premise of aftershave, etc.?
I have a few favorites I wear regularly, I wear the same couple of scents a few times a week. But 2-3 days a week I experiment with new stuff. I think wearing X scent in certain weather with some regularity is enough to "establish" yourself. I also have no idea what the "territorial premise" of aftershave is.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JammieDodger

Well, some do have a signature fragrance that they identify with, but for me personally - some days I feel like something different. There are thousands of options out there, and once you've found a few that really work for you, you tend to adopt a rotation, particularly for seasonal considerations. I'll wear Vetiver all the time in the summer, but seldom if ever during the winter. I'll wear - say - Bel Ami in wintertime, though, but never in Summer.

Originally Posted by lee lin
i think because there are more options than before. those that have a shaving hobby probably even have an aftershave rotation.
smile.gif

Well, some do have an aftershave rotation but not me. I just have a soap rotation and a razor rotation. My choice of scent is more random however.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christian Dior's BOIS D' ARGENT!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last night I had a hankering for Youth Dew Amber Nude, since I was on an amber kick. So what am I wearing today?

Guerlain Vetiver.

What happened?

Do not know. But I'm okay with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads