• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

3demon

Reaction score
I liked Himalaya
tried any of the other ones? Silver Mountain Water grew on me, I didnt like it at all at first.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today was EL Azuree, an oldie (and a cheapie) but a goody. It just seems bright, lasts forever, and the drydown has this olfactory sting like a sunburn made smell.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Another new bottle: Caldey Island Lavender. It's very Lavender. For a few minutes it becomes Lavender Armpit, but that settles down into a slightly anisic Lavender.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wife out of town so I am bathing in TDC Rose PoivrÃ
00a9.png
e.

Mini review on YSL Rive Gauche pour homme : The little cannister made it perfect to take with me on a two week vacation. Nice stuff and my wife is a big fan, but it doesn't last at all. I find it very pleasant, but I prefer interesting to pleasant and I especially prefer something with a drydown that sticks around for a while holding a strong and definite character even if it is not a powerful one (the lack of this is my principal complaint with Rose PoivrÃ
00a9.png
e - it starts with a powerful version of what I would like it to finish with).

tangerine

Reaction score
^ wore Rose PoivrÃ
00a9.png
e for the first time in a long time a couple of days ago, and remembered why I loved it so much. A lot of pepper in the beginning, and a nice vetiver finish. Today, Jasmin et Cigarette. When I got to work I stopped at the front desk to say hi to one of my friends here, and she immediately said "you smell good!" I like this fragrance.
biggrin.gif

breakdown

Reaction score
Vera Wang for Men, today.

I'm thinking of switching to Yves St. Laurent L'Homme, tried it at Sephora and really liked it.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acqua di Parma Colonial Intensa....in Santa Barbara for business....rocking the Kiton Cashmere....

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle's UNE ROSE today. Beautiful earthy rose with the scent of truffles in the background. Brilliant!

eidolon

Reaction score
M7 Fresh yesterday.

Eau de Rochas Homme right now -- Amazing. One of the best citruses I've tried in forever, and it's cheap. The green notes are soft and go well with the citrus. This is on my list for a bottle.

Guerlain Vetiver a couple days ago -- Not bad, need to give it another couple of wearings. Definitely less cloying than other Vetivers I've tried.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's the closest to the original JPG for men but not by JPG please? A silly question perhaps.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today - another new bottle - bought blind - and this one is really cutting it close. Kenzo Ca Sent Beau. There's no other way to put this than womanly, and opens with a tuberose note that calls to mind the reviled Amarige. Once it settles down it gets fairly charming, but this is one of those scents that I just don't see myself wearing all that often, if ever. I'm sure this is a charming scent (Turin gives it 5 stars
eh.gif
), but I'm just not getting it at the moment. Drydown is not nearly so womanly - fortunately - but at the same time there's not much of anything to speak of five hours later. I don't see myself keeping this one.

chobo: not sure what you're looking for - JPG but not by JPG? What does it smell of?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads