• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neroli Portofino I love more in its Forte version; it adds just a touch of woodiness that gives it some lasting power, and makes it a great hot weather fragrance, like Ambulance Chaser said.

Jo Malone - next time ask for Wood Sage and Sea Salt. Fantastic scent! Wish it lasted longer, but they're supposed to be fleeting.

Last edited:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of a very clean fougere for tomorrow.

What's everyone's favorite rainy-day perfume?

shoewarma

Reaction score
I actually appreciate how it comes out of the small stopper too. It means that it can be applied very subtly if necessary.
Could not agree more.
This is not an insult to anyone, but I've always said that Jo Malone is for suckers. Seriously, the level of fraudulence of this line is absurd. If you're going to charge as much as you do, you better be offering more than just lightly scented perfumer's alcohol.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not an insult to anyone, but I've always said that Jo Malone is for suckers. Seriously, the level of fraudulence of this line is absurd. If you're going to charge as much as you do, you better be offering more than just lightly scented perfumer's alcohol.

To be honest, I don't own any Jo Malone scents for just that reason. I'd rather spend on something that lasts a little longer on me.

As for Eucris, definitely a rainy autumn day - something of a chill in the air, when the leaves are changing. It's a bit warmer today and I'm thinking of something softer. Maybe a tobacco instead.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some thoughts I had this evening: I am not one who believes that perfumes are a purely individual pursuit. On the contrary, I see a lot of value in discovering what works best with one's skin chemistry, tastes, and lifestyle that also manages to be alluring/having an effect on others whom you wish to attract/impress.

For those who maintain it is - would you then say that you'd be willing to wear a frangrance which gave you great pleasure and enjoyment, but repelled others? Bear in mind that if you answer yes...you will arguably be making the case for those poor, lost souls who wear Axe in the mistaken belief that they actually enjoy it (a near physical impossibility).

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I never gave this too much thought, however I definitely seem to prefer wearing fragrances that are reflective of my lifestyle or environment, I never wear a fragrance to portray something that I am not. I am me, first. For example, I don't care for lighter marine type fragrances. Some of them are lovely, but it doesn't work for me in NYC. Maybe if I preferred more tropical, beach type places to reside and had that lifestyle they would be more important to me. I don't think I wear a fragrance to impress or attract anybody, however. I actually think that is kind of silly and that person usually has an odd vibe about them anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads