• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I was wondering the same thing!

I switched into TF Japon Noir for my SOTE. I think this was the first TF Private Blend I smelled, which was very shortly after the line came onto the market. I definitely have a soft spot for this one.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, left hand and right hand. Couldn't decide, so I wore both (at home for myself).

Montale's Aoud Leather.

TF - Italian Cyprus today.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: A*Men Pure Malt
SOTD: L'Interdit vintage parfum

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nope, left hand and right hand. Couldn't decide, so I wore both (at home for myself).

Montale's Aoud Leather.

TF - Italian Cyprus today.

I see. Just checking!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Tabac Aftershave

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cloudy, HUMID and muggy day. Miss Dior to the rescue. Not at all fresh or pleasant, but in this heat/humidity it comes alive as the damp, wet, feral ***** it always wanted to be. Stinks so good.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I wore that as my bedtime scent last night. (One of the vintage formulations.) It's also very hot and humid here, so I definitely got the effect you're talking about!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SotD:

Right arm - Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan - getting strong leather after an almost pungent top note. Very appealing.
Left arm - (something) Negro - smooths down to a chocolately goodness, but can't remember the freaking name

Also had the wonderful opportunity today to try THESE:

Barney's NY is a great blessing in my life right now. After having been in SLC (aka style wasteland) for almost 4 years for my undergrad, moving back to Las Vegas and being able to approach the city with a Styleforum perspective has been incredible.

Portrait of a Lady just might be the greatest scent ever. I've never smelled anything so complex and instantly intoxicating. If the funds were available, would've left with a large bottle on the spot. Absolutely fantastic.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think a lot of us here have had that experience with PoL!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Are you wearing PoL for your big date tomorrow night?

Oh god no. Nothing like showing up smelling like an unwashed lesbian. (couldn't use **** in this instance since its too flowery/powdery for that. not enough civet!).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads