• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Say Hello Wave Goodbye FRIDAY CHALLENGE March 2018

Your winner is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Say Hello Wave Goodbye FC 2018
In this challenge let's open it up. It's just about wearing one of your favourite pieces, possibly for the last time of the season. Or if you're in the Southern Hemisphere for the first time of the season. Is it the last time for that flannel suit? The first airing of your tweed jacket? Trusty scarf, cap and gloves going away? You get the story...

i.e. Say Hello Wave Goodbye!

Anything to be considered by the voting masses though a tie is of course encouraged though by no means obligatory.

The choice is yours of course, here are your contestants...

FC-1.jpg
FC-2.jpg
FC-3.jpg
FC-4.jpg
FC-5.jpg
FC-6.jpg
FC-7.jpg
FC-8.jpg
FC-9.jpg
FC-10.jpg
FC-11.jpg
FC-12.jpg
FC-13.jpg
FC-14.jpg
FC-15.jpg

Challenge details: Submissions must be posted by 1700hrs GMT Saturday 24th March 2018. All submissions are to have been worn in 2018. The poll will go up directly on Saturday evening GMT and close on Monday 26th March 2018. For the summary post, I will use only one picture per entrant and will therefore choose your first offering. Play well!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still gonna be cold here for at least a month I think, thankfully, so nothing to truly say goodbye to over here, at present. That said, there are some coats I may not actually get around to wearing again before winter closes, so we’ll see. =]

Great idea, C!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Still cold as hell here in Scandinavia, so I'll be holding on to the winter stuff for awhile longer, but I'll try to do something in the spirit of the challenge anyway.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to wear my Glen plaid DB tonight but @Roy Al was wearing the same thing this morning and I didn't want to show up to school wearing the same outfit.

In the metro-NY area, we will probably have a few more opportunities for flannel.
20180316_182427.jpg

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Långbänk-03.jpg
Långbänk-04.jpg

Wore this wide wale corduroy SC last week when there was still some snow left in Geneva. Now warmer weather has arrived so this was probably the last time this season for this SC (not only is it wide wale, but it's also a very heavy corduroy).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads