• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial shops: Traveling to Rome & Amalfi/Capri/Positano

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I just got married and I am in Roma and will be in the amalfi area toward the end of the week.
Im hoping to find local “mom and pop shops” for sartorial wear AND shops that specialize in linen type of wear. Hope that makes sense.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

grazie!

AgentGary

Reaction score
Be careful of pigs!
Screenshot_20210928-222513.png

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a couple Borsalino shops in central Rome - one is right near Piazza del Popolo, another is on Via di Campo Marzio. Also on Campo Marzio is a E Marinella shop, a Slowear shop, and Davide Cenci.

Another hat option is Antica Cappelleria in Trastevere, which was closed when I happened upon it last Sunday.

I haven't done much on the sartorial front here yet - I did duck into the Barba shop a week ago, which had a surprisingly minimal focus on shirts.

Capri will have some high end boutiques - Isaia had an outpost there when I was there last

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Battistoni is a must, if only to visit. It is one of the most beautiful
men's shops I have ever seen. Pricey.

Last edited:

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!

I completely forgot about caleffi, cruciani, and e marinella !

I did visit the Isaia store and it was absolutely beautiful. Also visited the battistoni store a few doors down and it was nice as well.

I wasn’t able to find any great dress shoe/loafer stores though.
Ill
Be back on the 6th for one last peek!

grazie

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I just got married and I am in Roma and will be in the amalfi area toward the end of the week.
Im hoping to find local “mom and pop shops” for sartorial wear AND shops that specialize in linen type of wear. Hope that makes sense.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

grazie!

By very, very far, the best shop in Rome is Sartoria Ripense, via di Ripetta
I had written about it years ago. You'll find the article here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads