• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Corcos Consolidated Thread

dawei94

Reaction score
Given that a number of members on the forum are clients of Sartoria Corcos' Kotaro Miyahira, I figured it would be worth starting a thread dedicated to him. There's a lot of information scattered across different threads and posts, but going forward might be worth consolidating given that a lot of people are interested in him and there's not a lot out there on him. Additionally, he's now less than a year away from taking new clients, down from maybe 3 years at one point? As of right now, I believe he travels to Japan (Tokyo and Osaka historically), Hong Kong, Stockholm, Munich, and New York (only recently added). There may be one more Asia location but it's slipping my mind right now.

https://www.sartoriacorcos.com/
http://sartoriacorcos.blogspot.com/
https://www.instagram.com/sartoria.corcos/?hl=en
http://sartoria-corcos.tumblr.com/

Articles on Sartoria Corcos:
https://www.permanentstyle.com/2016...aro-miyahira-of-sartoria-corcos-florence.html
https://dieworkwear.com/post/113434878889/a-japanese-italian-tailor
https://www.ft.com/content/df933248-8ed2-11e6-a72e-b428cb934b78
https://monocle.com/magazine/issues/71/acquired-tastes/
http://therakejapan.com/tokyo/japan/20161010/317/

My most recent post:
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/ongoing-bespoke-projects.404781/page-221#post-9658514

I've attached a picture of the price chart that I saw the other day when I visited.

IMG_0700.jpg

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dawei94

Reaction score
He mentioned that he’d be coming to New York twice this year, once in May or so, and another time in September or October. He also said he’d start taking new clients soon, so better to email him directly about that. I didn’t realize he had a significant US client base, so maybe some of the clients last time were already new clients?

GzianoCucinelli

Reaction score
I don't have much experience commissioning bespoke suits, but my experience with Kotaro has been great so far.

I first reached out to Kotaro in May 2015 & have been on a waiting list until January 2018. I met Kotaro for the first time in NYC back in September of 2018 & just had my first fitting last week.

I don't own any grey suits & told him I wanted to wear one for my wedding in May 2020. I went with a grey fresco that he called "Fox Air" from Fox Brothers & let him manage everything else.

I find him very detail oriented & thorough. My measurements have changed since he took them last September. He was able to work on adjustments on Friday 7/26 and squeeze me in Saturday 7/27 for a quick follow up.

He plans to return in the fall & I'm hoping that my measurements remain the same until then.

Attachments

• file-1.jpeg
    file-1.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 451
  • file2.jpeg
    file2.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 608
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 672

dawei94

Reaction score
Just met with Kotaro for a fitting on a couple jackets and a pair of trousers and learned that his MTM knitwear offering is now up and running as well. Based on our conversation, he can do crewnecks, v-necks, polos, and turtlenecks. At the very least, sleeve length, body length, and body width can be adjusted as well (perhaps other aspects as well, but I am not sure, as the size 52 sample I tried on only needed adjustments in the sleeve and body length, and we discussed changing the body width before settling on not doing so). He offers worsted and woolen cashmere yarns in a large variety of colors; the worsted yarns are from Loro Piana, while the woolen yarns are available from both Loro Piana and Cariaggi. Pricing is 600 euros including VAT, ~490 euros without. I ordered one in a greyish blue, which will be delivered at the same time as the jackets and trousers, will report back once I have it

mosivy

Reaction score
I ordered one in a greyish blue, which will be delivered at the same time as the jackets and trousers, will report back once I have it

Very excited to hear how it goes. Any idea who is actually making the knitwear?

dawei94

Reaction score
Very excited to hear how it goes. Any idea who is actually making the knitwear?

It wasn't really clear. Once I settled on a color and we started talking about timing, he said "it will take some time because I need to order 1kg of yarn, wait for it to arrive, and then I will make it. Maybe I will order more than 1kg and make one for myself too :)" The knitwear didn't look handknit though, but I also find it hard to believe a factory does MTM knitwear one item at a time given how annoying that would be (and also the price is in line with RTW cashmere knitwear)

GzianoCucinelli

Reaction score
Here are some pictures taken from my second fitting with Kotaro in NYC back in October. In addition to the Grey Fresco "Fox Air" suit, I've commissioned a Jacket with cloth from the London Lounge. The plan is to have everything completed and shipped by March 2020.

Attachments

• Image from iOS (3).jpg
    Image from iOS (3).jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 440
  • Image from iOS (4).jpg
    Image from iOS (4).jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 407
  • Image from iOS (5).jpg
    Image from iOS (5).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 388
  • Image from iOS (6).jpg
    Image from iOS (6).jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 398
  • Image from iOS (7).jpg
    Image from iOS (7).jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 379
  • Image from iOS (8).jpg
    Image from iOS (8).jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Image from iOS (9).jpg
    Image from iOS (9).jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 383
  • Image from iOS (10).jpg
    Image from iOS (10).jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 389
  • Image from iOS (11).jpg
    Image from iOS (11).jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 362
  • Image from iOS (12).jpg
    Image from iOS (12).jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 469
  • Image from iOS (13).jpg
    Image from iOS (13).jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 473

GzianoCucinelli

Reaction score
First, I hope everyone here, including your friends and family, are all doing well during this current environment.

Kotaro had to cancel his NYC Trunk Show that was scheduled for March. More importantly, Kotaro & his family are healthy & well in Florence, Italy.

He was able to finish the suit and ship it before lockdown. We've decided to see how the Suit looks before he finishes my Tweed Jacket. Here's a quick photo of my 1st commission with Kotaro, straight out the box.

I'm super happy - I just hope I'll be able to wear it for my Wedding in May (which at this point might even be postponed to the Fall, depending on how the situation develops).

Be safe everyone!
1585694038881.png
970C1E83-AFAE-4EB1-8A12-C15B7915D9D6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

mosivy

Reaction score
Looks fantastic!

I received my sport coat (commissioned on his first NYC visit in September 2018). It's beautiful, but the shoulder is slightly too extended. We'll adjust it when the world makes such luxuries possible again..

sirapol

Reaction score
First, I hope everyone here, including your friends and family, are all doing well during this current environment.

Kotaro had to cancel his NYC Trunk Show that was scheduled for March. More importantly, Kotaro & his family are healthy & well in Florence, Italy.

He was able to finish the suit and ship it before lockdown. We've decided to see how the Suit looks before he finishes my Tweed Jacket. Here's a quick photo of my 1st commission with Kotaro, straight out the box.

I'm super happy - I just hope I'll be able to wear it for my Wedding in May (which at this point might even be postponed to the Fall, depending on how the situation develops).

Be safe everyone!
View attachment 1364090 View attachment 1361697

Jacket looks very nice! good job!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads