• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chaerimk

Reaction score
@chaerimk: does the pointy toe affect sizing (oh no, I'm asking a sizing question...)? Also, does the cuban heel have any negative repercussions, with walking or daily life in general? I'm really eyeing the Lukas boot...

I went with my usual size, i wear 40 EU for all my slp boots, and it fit great. The cuban heel will take a bit time to get use to as it is quite loud when you walk.I notice that with cowboy boots that have the cuban heel too, so it's not just with these.

It doesn't affect the way I walk or anything. As usual, buy half size up, add in insole and you should be able to walk in these all day.

chaerimk

Reaction score
What’s the reason to buy half a size up to then add an insole?

These shoes have almost to zero padding for cushion in the shoes so if you want to walk in them all day, insole will be needed.

Depend on the thickness of the insole, if you buy your size, it will be too tight when you add the insole as the insole will take up space in the shoes. It is all depend on the insole really.

youwhat

Reaction score
something like this?

Always_Platinum_Pantyliner.jpg

FsXClan1

Reaction score
Hello,

what can you tell me about the quality of their biker leather jackets?
I really want to buy one.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding the sizing up question, I wish I had sized up on my ranger boots. They're a perfect clean design, but at 41 (my TS) they're frankly tight especially due to the quality of the leather, so not the most comfortable. I can only imagine in other boots which get a lot of wear.

Does anyone have these rangers, and if so, is there a light at the end of the tunnel in terms of them becoming more comfy and subtle with wear? I have barely worn them because they feel so present and stiff.

Also, FsXClan1 - leather quality is excellent although it can vary from season to season a touch. It's much better than most fashion brands, and obviously more buttery and substantial with better hardware than the fast-fashion stuff. Finally, no, it's not quite at Hermes level (although close, IME), but the cut is so much better.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Regarding the sizing up question, I wish I had sized up on my ranger boots. They're a perfect clean design, but at 41 (my TS) they're frankly tight especially due to the quality of the leather, so not the most comfortable. I can only imagine in other boots which get a lot of wear.

Does anyone have these rangers, and if so, is there a light at the end of the tunnel in terms of them becoming more comfy and subtle with wear? I have barely worn them because they feel so present and stiff.

I assume you're talking about the zip rangers? I actually sized down on my padded rangers (vs my Wyatt size) and they fit fine, with about a month or so break in. I'm actually thinking of adding an insole as the soles aren't super comfy for some reason vs my other SL boots.

Rnam

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster. I've been looking for a pair of combat boots for this winter as I'm moving to the UK and it's pretty cold over there, I'm wanting the AW15 double zip rangers, however, I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'm a size 39 in my BV chelseas and CP achilles low and 41 1/3 in my UBs, what size would I be? And where's the best place to look for a pair? Thanks!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is great on you, and I definitely think it’s a cool piece...but for me, given the price the main variable in determining if I kept would be how much I’d be wearing it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzzsssgy