• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

youwhat

Reaction score
I use insoles in my jodhpurs,which are in my true size, and all my other footwear.

doesnt that tell you anything?

Yeah I figured. So I shouldnt go any lower than my own chest measurement, even though it stretches?
smile.gif

order a jacket from a shop. try it on. the end.

Randeep

Reaction score
Yeah I figured. So I shouldnt go any lower than my own chest measurement, even though it stretches?
smile.gif
dude if you're going to spend 3-5k$ on a jacket then only use what you hear on a forum as an approximation and then go spend the extra 100-200$ in time/shipping return costs etc to try multiple sizes to make sure you get the perfect fit for YOU, otherwise you might always second guess whether you got the right size.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
better to get the smallest size, don't wanna get larger size and wonder if you should have gotten size down for a better fit, if you get smaller it will either be great fit or return to size up cause it can't fit.

you def can't get 44, so 46 is the way to go.

The stretch is typically quite minimal.
eyyy aussie aussie aussie i'm in sydney too

Last edited:

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
eyyy aussie aussie aussie i'm in sydney too

Aussie boys we out here. Where do you source most of your SLP stuff from? I've used Harrolds to find my size in the L01, but was hoping to eventually get sized (or at least have a good shot of working out my size) in an L17 some day.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aussie boys we out here. Where do you source most of your SLP stuff from? I've used Harrolds to find my size in the L01, but was hoping to eventually get sized (or at least have a good shot of working out my size) in an L17 some day.
i shop always online man, i only bought retail in 4 years less than 10 times random stuff. as you know it sucks here, there are like no stores, and harrolds is meant to be the best which is nothing in comparison to what they have like barneys, harrods, dover street, gotta pay for all our alterations and we don't get packaging :(

i always go harrolds to check out new stuff and for sizing purpose too lol, it's a rip off there. the buyer is **** as well especially with saint laurent, he never gets the good stuff always the permanent collection style stuff. and they are so late, i remember they literally got in thom browne fw15 when ss16 was already starting to drop. other than that good store with decent staff, high turnover though, i know this cause i always like to chat with em.

i wear 44 l01 and i tried 46 l17 i can say 44 l17 would have been better.

Last edited:

soloism

Reaction score
Just bought some black stretch D02's off Ssense went true to size (32). However, they're a little loose around the waist. Knowing that they're going to stretch some more, should I keep them or return them for a half size smaller? They fit decently, not super skinny.

stoptryinghard

Reaction score
Just bought some black stretch D02's off Ssense went true to size (32). However, they're a little loose around the waist. Knowing that they're going to stretch some more, should I keep them or return them for a half size smaller? They fit decently, not super skinny.

D02s should be skinny and the fit needs to be tight around the waist. You should return them because there's no point in wearing expensive jeans that don't fit right.

onlyslp

Reaction score
just make sure when you size down the shoulder seams doesn't go too much into the shoulders

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Prudy on the AW 15 mid waist jeans (D10) - they're definitely one of the best fits they've ever done. Luckily I have two completely unused pairs still with tags attached banked away for future use. The raw D02s from AW 16 aren't bad either, both the black and the indigo, but especially the indigo, which is actually the same style code as the AW 13 D02s, and fit pretty similarly too, albeit slightly bigger (SS and AW 13 jeans fit pretty small relative to the same tag size from SS 14 onwards).

Great blazer SirGrotius and fits perfectly. I have a Burberry Prorsum flecked wool one from AW 2012 but it doesn't fit nearly as nicely as the Saint Laurent 2 button cut. I'd definitely be open to picking up one of those myself if they're still around. It would be with a white Yves / Dylan collar shirt, raw black jeans and cropped jodhpurs for me though.

On my recent orders, I sent the black suede Hedi 30s back as they left black dye all over my hands when handling them. Can't be dealing with that and didn't really like the black suede that much anyway. Also ordered the new cigar cropped jodhpurs - they looked close to the old beige colour that I liked from 13, but when I got them they were more like a milky coffee colour and not at all for me - I'll be sticking with smooth black calf again in future. Sizing was also way off; seems they've reverted back to the more pointy elongated SS 13 shape which is very nice, except they haven't fixed the heel slippage issue that makes them unwearable in my true size anyway.

Not sure what I'll pick up next. The roller buckle belt doesn't look bad as a daily basic, and the ultra-fine cashmere crew neck might be worth a try if I can live with the dreaded ID tag on it (if it's anything like the old extra fine merino jumpers in fit then I'd be quite happy too). I also quite like the look of this polo:

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score
I noticed the top block—especially the waist—seems slightly looser on FW16 jeans, while the legs are slightly skinnier. Anyone else notice this?

Specifically, these:

Last edited:

kpmurphy

Reaction score
Woah didn't know that, thanks! I pulled the trigger quickly on eBay :/ the seller garunteed it to be 100% authentic so I'm going to file a claim against him. Is there any other details you notice that I could add to the claim? The reason I questioned the authenticity is the fact there's no chest pocket, did they even make ss16 Hawaiians without a pocket? And the care tag looks a little off as the L & A in Laurent are connected for some reason. Is there any other details that seem off? Thanks
smile.gif
I know there are a few iterations of the shirt, but I have the pocket/frayed long sleeve and the interior care tag on mine is white, not black.
Not my photo, but same tag I have:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads