• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought the 45mm French boots were pretty nice.

These were nice in theory, but in my size 45 were unwearable because the ankle shaft was so wide. I was forced to go with the 60 mm French Chelsea because the ankle was much slimmer. I would have preferred 45 to be honest as I'm a bit shy about wearing high heels.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
I thought the 45mm French boots were pretty nice.

True, these looked very nice too. However, after handling them in person I was less impressed. The toebox/tip is just a bit too pointed. The chelseas/other boots have a noticeable chisel-toe which is delicate but still somewhat angular, this one goes too far IMHO. Also, seeing photos of these after having been worn for a few months indicated that they crease really, really badly. Very deep creases. I've had the Hedi 30s for almost two years now and with regular shoe-tree use and 2x/week wear, they've not creased much at all. Quite shallow, mild creasing. I'm kind of impressed.

Edit: Also @kieran84 makes a good point. I now realize the shaft is a lot wider than the 60mm chelseas I got instead. That narrow shaft and tight fit up the ankle really helped me cope with the heel height and a looser shaft/looser fit would make things a lot worse. Also @kieran84 I don't know about you but I got used to the 60mm thoroughly after about 2-3 weeks' regular wear. If you are average height or taller it's really not that noticeable provided you're wearing skinny jeans/slim-fit trousers or whatever. That's why I still think 60mm is the SLP sweet spot. Higher than ordinary 1, 1.5 inch heels, but not so high as to attract undue attention.

Last edited:

Angel of Death

Reaction score
Hahaha. It's just fun to mess with you because you'll respond guaranteed and say something else pointless and stupid. What "point" have you made? That you let what others post on the internet even bother you in the slightest. You're the one who found the need to respond when you should have just left it alone you **** lol. With a ******* name like Angel of Death LMFAO. Should change it to ***** Ass *****.

cry more !

Last edited:

OhMe

Reaction score
The fw16 green teddy has 90% wool and 10% poly.
It's not a black Permanent.. but just thought I would throw that out there
do you really think that this will be the last season of the teddy production? Is it worth getting? I'm just not sure, cause you do see them often. It's the one piece that most people know.. the Wyatt or black and white teddy as an entry level saint laurent item

It's one of the most iconic piece, so if you like teddy you should buy it now before it disappears.

Personnaly I think it's the last year we see it but who knows.

@OhMe yeah I think it's a misprint - it should be 88% wool/10% poly/2% silk. But you didn't give an opinion on which you prefer/why? (just thought you might have after going to great pains to point out the differences in fabric composition being mistyped :)).

I did not try the 93% wool / 7% polyamide version, so I don't know, but if they replaced this version with the 88% wool / 10% polyamide / 2% silk one, I guess there is a good reason and I don't think this is about saving money but certainly a true upgrade.

I would be curious to know the exact reason. I don't think there was a true problem with the first version, but probably they found that this new mix of materials work better. Plus they adjust the cut as I understand.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Would someone explain to me the appeal of the teddy? I realize it's one of the most Instagrammed and recognizable things SLP has done, but unlike the Le Smoking, the boots, the L01, or the jeans, it doesn't strike me as something really unique, something essentially SLP? Like at the end of it it's just a teddy. Is SLP's version noticeably different in some ways that I don't know about? I figured I'd pick it up on the secondary at some point, but have yet to really grasp its appeal...

Just to be clear: I'm not bashing it at all. It's a nice, simple, versatile, and clean design. I just don't really understand what sets it apart from Thom Browne or any other high-end/designer teddy version, the way SLP denim and footwear is often pretty unique and hard to find elsewhere.

Ranger44

Reaction score

Pretty much this, plus since so many celebrities wear it it gets hyped, it's a piece that even non hedi fans will buy, just like those red or blue hi top sneakers.

Which sucks. I hate that celebrities wore it - so it hit instagram and all over blogs.

Ruined much of the appeal for me. I have one, don't get me wrong. But I hate that it's known as a internet piece, per say.

Or like "hey dude you're wearing saint laurent, nice jacket" bullshit. Looking like I went on hypebest and saw it.

Last edited:

mayastig

Reaction score
Curious do you guys shorten the hem on the 15cm denims to 14cm or so? My dilemma is I like the skinny fit of a 14cm hem and it goes well with sneakers too (A skinnier look) but I have rather built calves...

mayastig

Reaction score

I think they look amazing! I'd love to see some more fit pics of them - I'm trying to prepare some white denim fits for the summer but I'm not having much luck

Do the MIJs (100% cotton imguessing?) Normally wear smaller than those made in Italy? On another note, those fit well I'd keep em. They'll stretch out eventually anyway.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear talking about Le Smoking Jacket here; does anyone own the suit? And if so, in what setting(s) do you wear it? Curious -- trying to justify picking it up, since it does seem unique to me.

Isolar

Reaction score

I hear talking about Le Smoking Jacket here; does anyone own the suit? And if so, in what setting(s) do you wear it? Curious -- trying to justify picking it up, since it does seem unique to me.

Do you mean the full tuxedo? I purchased the trousers after the fact, mostly for the odd formal occasion I attend. Can't say they get as much wear, but they certainly look fantastic when they do. No one else cuts a tuxedo like that, and if you ever want to wear the jacket to a formal event, you really need the trousers in order to keep the proper silhouette with the jacket.

emptym

Reaction score
@BlackChiney8 and @AngelofDeath , cool it. If we get amy more reports of your posts being OT or insulting, you'll be TO'd for a month. So be good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads