• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score
Need some help, guys.

Got the 20 and 25mm "shiny" leather Saint Germain belts to compare. Only planning on keeping one.

The finish is actually quite different, with the 25mm closer to patent leather, as it was listed as, and with more grain in the leather. The 20mm definitely feels thinner, though I like the sleekness of the buckle.

Might be leaning towards the 25mm, as it just feels nicer, but I'm a bit stuck. What do people think?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the 20 mm myself. Easier to coordinate and I find patent doesn't age well.

I was told before they were the same finish by LVR when I enquired so sorry about the misinformation.

volchok

Reaction score

Need some help, guys.

Got the 20 and 25mm "shiny" leather Saint Germain belts to compare. Only planning on keeping one.

The finish is actually quite different, with the 25mm closer to patent leather, as it was listed as, and with more grain in the leather. The 20mm definitely feels thinner, though I like the sleekness of the buckle.

Might be leaning towards the 25mm, as it just feels nicer, but I'm a bit stuck. What do people think?

I don't like shine in my clothing so I prefer the 20mm.

Isolar

Reaction score
@kieran84 No problem. How has your 20mm aged? I worry that the leather is thinner, and will therefore crease more. The 25mm definitely feels more robust. But I imagine the 20mm would be more versatile, especially with understated and dressier looks, which is what I'll use it for the most.

I have four different black calf belts that I swap between routinely, so I don't think it will get any undue wear.

Also, which version was on the runway for FW15? 20mm?

Last edited:

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I'm actually interested in what everyone here wears in the rain. I'm sure most of us here own countless pairs of boots and our rotations are probably boots 24/7. But what do you guys wear when it is raining? Extra curious about what @kieran84 would wear in the rain haha

I wear bottega veneta Chelsea boots

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
If I know it's going to rain I try to wear Bean boots (in winter) or suede bucks (with Nano/other repellant, rain is just going to bead right off. Often been caught in thoroughly ugly weather out in the Northeast and suede shoes just roll right on.

mayastig

Reaction score

They look skinny. Is there a shot of the denim code by chance on the webpage?

For some reason SLP does have skinny mid waisted, yet their labeled as traditional D02 SK-LW on the denim themselves.

I have these and their labeled as D02 SK-LW inside, so either the website is wrong or theey labeled the denim wrong?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads