• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey man, could you PM me a fitpic of how the 42 teddy fits on you? I am a bit taller than you if I remember correctly and 44 ones look very bad on me anyway :(

I probably jumped the gun there a bit; I don't own one, but have tried them a few times. I'm way too old for one (wrong side of 30), but have tried them on at boutiques due to all the hype. Yes, I'm 5'6", and the 44 looked terrible, 42 cool (in my mind).

piblondin

Reaction score

I probably jumped the gun there a bit; I don't own one, but have tried them a few times. I'm way too old for one (wrong side of 30), but have tried them on at boutiques due to all the hype. Yes, I'm 5'6", and the 44 looked terrible, 42 cool (in my mind).

Don't tell me that--I'm on that side of 30 too.

dddibakar

Reaction score

Better. I don't particularly think the quality of slp clothing (besides shoes) is that good, and it's even worse if you consider its price. TF is a bit over priced too but at least you get the highest of quality.
thanks for the reply, how about the sizing? Does slp and tomford have similar sizing? Actually that was what I really wanted to ask but thanks for your opinion on the leather.

Can anyone who knows about parkas tell me that if I am a size XS and 44 in most SLP things, shirts-38 or small, is it possible for me to fit in a parka size small without it looking baggy and ugly? I am 5'8" 120, thin you could say.

rk13

Reaction score
Looking for and Really Want to buy the FW13 Shearling Coat in size 44. Been looking for over a year now, If Anyone has it and is willing to sell PLEASE let me know. Will Pay Nicely
img-thing

Ranger44

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the SS17 bloodluster jacket?

Side note: purchased the red flannel coat with faux fur, amazingly comfortable
- where's my coffee? ;)

Last edited:

agp

Reaction score

thanks for the reply, how about the sizing? Does slp and tomford have similar sizing? Actually that was what I really wanted to ask but thanks for your opinion on the leather.

Can anyone who knows about parkas tell me that if I am a size XS and 44 in most SLP things, shirts-38 or small, is it possible for me to fit in a parka size small without it looking baggy and ugly? I am 5'8" 120, thin you could say.

Ahh... can't comment on sizing, as SLP clothing never passed my touch test (thought the Teddy felt like a potato sack).

Last edited:

KVAEIOU

Reaction score
confused my eyes for a sec, below the pockets it's the same as my fw14 teddy.

anywhere in Buenos Aires I can shop for anything? Have a few days left and haven't seen anything at all

echau

Reaction score

I'm 30, married and have two kids. It's probably time for me to give up on clothes, children are too messy.

Last edited:

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I'm 30, married and have two kids. It's probably time for me to give up on clothes, children are too messy.

Yikes! Good luck with all that. Some of my friends have kids. Their cars have Cheetos dust caked onto their back seats. I'm 33, single and no kids with zero plans on ever getting married. I feel like my life has just begone.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to teddy talk, I just picked up the burgundy teddy. It was between that, navy, or grey (already have black). I'll post actual photos when it comes in. I don't think these jackets are worth retail, but if you can snag one for ~$1,000, consider it well-bought.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads