• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw photo of Hedi wearing stainless steel sport watch with his L17 so it is Hedi-approved for casual outfits.

Last edited:

zeogo

Reaction score

Are there even any good alternatives to the L17 or L01 (eu based) that aren't 3k euros? Really want one, but since im still dropping weight theres no point spending that amount of money

I'm sure I;ll get slated for this - but Sandro often have leather jackets very similar in aesthetic to SLP that are only around 800e, and their quality is great. They even go on sale too, often for around 450e.

Randeep

Reaction score
lose weight, buy the L17, don't settle for anything else. do you know how diminuitive the zipper hardware on any other brand looks when compared to that of an L01/L17?
laugh.gif

in my experience i wouldn't bridge the gap/settle cos i know i'd always yearn for what i originally wanted - plus what better way to motivate yourself to lose weight, can treat yourself after :)

Randeep

Reaction score
@ohyehhh Looks sick! what size is that then a 48? Deets on the L17 too? Calf/Lamb? Season?

ss16, size 48. lamb (mutton?) leather.

i had originally tried a size 50 in selfridges which fitted well but you could tell from the back there was a lot loose fabric. i thought that was 'good enough' and i was on the cusp of buying until i tried a 48 in sloane st which fitted like a glove. the reason i'm pointing that out is cos i almost went for 50 on the basis of it fitting well everywhere else but i'm glad i went out of my way to try the next size down even though i thought i wouldn't be able to fit.

btw, refer back to neonrider's post/review with pictures here, which me 90% convinced me to take the plunge haha:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/317702/saint-laurent-paris-official-thread/8175

OakGhost

Reaction score
@ohyehhh congrats man looks great. I hope to you your red 01 back in rotation as well!

@cyc wid it killing it!! Agreed on the watch with the teddy..looks great

therattler

Reaction score
@ohyehhh so good man. love the short tee showing off the belt. I might copy this totally for dinner tonight haha. SS16 L17 is something special, the aged mutton makes it tougher and durable, but still has that oily look of luxury lambskin.

and i'm with you on not settling. it just makes the inevitable SLP purchase more expensive.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thorns I agree. The 3 button blazer he is wearing is one of my favourite cuts actually (second only to the more classic 69 cm 2 button notch lapel). They haven't been back for a while though, and I think they made it to outlets, so I doubt they'll ever be reissued now.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MA1/jeans/hitops

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics