• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ruckzuck

Reaction score
those hightops are big nay to me. no hate, but i just can't imagine (or saw...) any fit where they could work, way too bulky. the lowtops look amazing though.

Last edited:

ChrisN09

Reaction score
Are there even any good alternatives to the L17 or L01 (eu based) that aren't 3k euros? Really want one, but since im still dropping weight theres no point spending that amount of money

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are there even any good alternatives to the L17 or L01 (eu based) that aren't 3k euros? Really want one, but since im still dropping weight theres no point spending that amount of money

Maybe buy the one you want as inspiration in 44 or 42 if you're evil. :)

In all seriousness, it might be better to thrift it or go with Schott or MMM side zips (on sale/used?) to bide you over.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Schott, Vanson, Lewis Leathers, Blackmeans, etc. there was also that repro Japanese brand that was making using pretty high quality hides for a good price.

MMM can be had at sale season if you're lucky for $1000-$1500 depending on model.

Last edited:

dddibakar

Reaction score

Laerbrand a cheap alternative incase you want the SLP look, its not the real high-end but it still cost $800, they allow u to choose the sleeve length you want which I think is a very good thing to have since most people have problem with that, but SLP does an amazing job with sleeve length. If I had to buy a biker instead of L01 i would go with that. I am short. On a side note- i have a L01 so please dont criticize me for comparing a low quality brand with a SLP L01. I just find the sleeve length option really great to have.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those hightops are big nay to me. no hate, but i just can't imagine (or saw...) any fit where they could work, way too bulky. the lowtops look amazing though.

Hightop life is Hedi-approved for sure, but I think almost anything would work if you have the right outfit.

Isolar

Reaction score
Some of the Blackmeans leathers look pretty good, and they seem to be cut slimmer, to suit an Asian physique, I'm guessing. I've yet to try them though. @OakGhost has a John Elliott leather which I belive he recommends.

However, if you want to get something halfway-decent, you're still spending a fair amount of money. So I agree with @SirGrotius, save up for the one you want until you're ready to buy it. (Picking a size beforehand might be risky.)

We've finally gotten some nice fall weather here (by far my favorite season), so I'll try to post some fits beyond the t-shirt and jeans I mostly wore all summer. I have a bunch of outerwear I need to break out again, especially my black velvet-trimmed chesterfield from AW15, which I haven't had the chance to wear yet.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://addict-clothes.com/products/leather-jacket/ is the brand I was thinking of FWIW.

I've owned/own a bunch of leathers from ToJ/Falcon to RO to MMM to SLP to LL. Whether or not SLP is "worth" is up to you, but there's definitely diminishing returns. Iif a brand doesn't work for your particular dimensions, it won't work no matter how hard you try (there's very few leather alterations places that I would trust with even minor stuff). You might as well just MTM or find another brand that does.

Last edited:

OakGhost

Reaction score
@Isolar yep, for sure commend the JE. I get compliments every time I wear it which I attribute to the fit..which is easily as good as any SL if not better than most I've tried. That said I still need a 42 L17 in my life haha

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jeans/Wyatts

teddy/lips jacquard shirt

Last edited:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inb4 a 4 page long debate about whether or not stainless sport model rolexes fit Hedi's vision for the ideal SLP aesthetic... :embar:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, I'm a watch guy, and I think we chatted about his affinity for Cartier Tanks, which makes too much sense. I think he designed the Chiffron Rouge watch for Dior, which is sort of neat, with the whole idea of the dial flipping to contrast with the shirt or jacket.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gacefitzgexald