• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like they released an updated version of those cropped biker Chelsea boots. I would be so tempted to pick up a pair in black calf since it looks so similar to Squall's boots from FFVIII.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All of the stuff you're seeing is from Hedi or his team. SS '17 will be repeats as a transition.

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
That's not entirely true. There will be a few vacarello items being filtered in, esp with SS17, so that the transition looks smoother.

scanner

Reaction score
That Vetements style Biker I posted a few pages back has Vaccarello written all over it. Even though the pull tabs are similar to earlier SL items, the comically large pull tabs and collars don't seem like something Hedi or his team would seriously release. I'm with Rattler, If SL was quick to push Vaccarello's campaign right at the start of FW16, what's to say they don't just push as many items as they can to make the transition smoother (in their minds)?

therattler

Reaction score
I was told there's some sneakers/trainers that are his that are going to start showing up because that's his thing.

youwhat

Reaction score
you can just label anything '****' as vaccarello to fit your point
they done **** bikers since 13

actually say the items you mean instead of being vague

i dont really like it anyway but i think its just the wrong size on ssense (fringes look crap also but)
a few items (that have been out for a while) had them zip pulls also

when they've done mens and womens versions of stuff they've kept proportions or whatever the same and it doesnt work

womens version looks nice though

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/01C712870004/059/cropped-seventies-leather-motorcycle-jacket

Last edited:

g33m

Reaction score

this. often people confuse quality with utility around here. I'm with neon, the qualities that i value in SLP are those he mentioned. utility, to a much lesser degree. if you want a biker thats going to last forever you don't get a luxury lambskin l01 to wear everyday. it will inevitably wear out, especially because it is such a slim cut it'll wear out in the arm pits etc. similarly w/r/t boots. the luxury materials and design come at a cost to utility. but this stuff isn't made for everyone.

But no one was making any of these arguments. Someone unfamiliar with the footwear asked what the quality was like, not if the quality mattered more than the clothing's other qualities.

The balance between quality and aesthetic/fit/cut is a consideration when purchasing from any designer brand. Some clothing will be constructed at a higher level of care than others, but the other characteristics will generally come at the sacrifice of quality. Though it doesn't have to be the case. It's not as though the other characteristics can only exist with a disregard for quality.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not going to lie but I'm digging the new sl/40 low tops
53633730.jpg

I almost have a suspicion that this may be a transition piece because this doesn't feel like Hedi at all. This feels a bit too future facing than Hedi's reworked classics style. The new distressed court classics kind of look meh.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not going to lie but I'm digging the new sl/40 low tops
53633730.jpg

I almost have a suspicion that this may be a transition piece because this doesn't feel like Hedi at all. This feels a bit too future facing than Hedi's reworked classics style. The new distressed court classics kind of look meh.

Haha, I feel the same way. Those look good to me, but they remind of almost a KVA feel, a little futuristic as you mentioned relative to Hedi items.

Nivaze

Reaction score
Noticed these stocked on Farfetch the other day, my size apparently didn't stock tho. Anyone knows a store where they sell these in a 40 or if they even will be stocked anywhere else?

Gabujabu

Reaction score
Is it typical for items you order from a store to have some mild wear and tear on them? I ordered the Gold Wyatt chelseas from SS16 in size 40 from the Rodeo Drive store, since they were out of stock elsewhere, to be shipped to Pennsylvania. However, they have clearly shown some use, making me wonder if they were previously returned. I do wish they would have at least informed me about this before sending them. It would be one thing if it was a sale, but I did pay full price for them.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably tried on in store or returned. There's not many units left, so it's probably going to be a take it or leave it situation.

Gabujabu

Reaction score
Probably tried on in store or returned. There's not many units left, so it's probably going to be a take it or leave it situation.

Called the store and they said that it is their policy not to sell returned items and that it is likely from a customer trying them on, so no big deal. I'll just keep it. I was initially a little worried that it may be a return, since working in the medical field, I am pretty well aware about how bad some people's foot hygiene is!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads