• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Isolar both if you have the chance please. The picture @SaintLaurent posted is helpful.

I'm just curious how you guys tuck in your shirts cuz I always feel like my shirts bag out a lot when I tuck them in, though my shirts aren't oversized. Maybe it's something that just takes some getting used to.

I think it all depends on your build (hips, shoulders, etc).

kpmurphy

Reaction score
What was the fragrance they used to pump out in the Dior Homme stores? 10 years later and I can still remember it

Isolar

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the western belt, as well as a look I posted a while back:

Like I said, I think it's a fantastic belt, and I think the smooth calf is definitely the way to go. It's the perfect balance between something modern and something more vintage-inspired. Plus I've never been a fan of faux, animal-imprinted calf, like the croc-embossed version.

As for colognes, I mostly go for something by Creed or Czech & Speake. I think it's an interesting question that I'm not sure has ever come up here, but at the same time, scent is so unique to a person that I don't think it can—or should—be standardized. It's nice to have some individuality, even when dressed head-to-toe in Saint Laurent wares. You want to stand out in same way when you're one of three guys wearing the same varsity jacket or something, right?

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
hedi tapped francois kurkdjian to design the dior homme fragrances iirc, not "dior homme" but eau noir, bois argent, and one more i can't remember. eau noir was pretty amazing, very intense though.

that was long before kurkdjian launched his own line, i think now it's easily the closest thing to what was intended for the dior homme fragrances. modern but in a neoclassical way, not a futurist way a la cdg. totally pared back like an L01.

the suede jacket isn't an L17, it fits a bit smaller.

Last edited:

onlyslp

Reaction score
As far as wearing a black belt with blue jeans and cigar boots, I don't really see the problem, especially if the top-half is black. A brown belt wouldn't match the boots anyway, and I don't think a tan belt would look very good. I generally disregard the rule unless I'm wearing dark brown shoes, which is very rare.

I remember seeing some picture of a guy wearing 3 passant belt, blue trashed and cigar boots with a white tee and L01...that's a while ago when on google and I couldn't find it anymore lol
It didn't look bad at all. I might pull the trigger on 3 passant and western belt soon.....I blame you for tempting me with the pictures haha

Last edited:

haydrak

Reaction score
Go for it @onlyslp. I have both and I wear them everyday. I have the gunmetal 3 passant belt and now I am wondering if I should also cop the shiny silver tone one
1f914.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads