• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AB77

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know how these new season Wyatt Chelsea fit ? I am between a US 9.5-10

For reference, I wear SLP high top in 42, Common Projects achilles in 42, and AW13 Wyatt harness boots in 43

http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/...an-suede_cod44821546jb.html#section=men_shoes

I tried this on recently & definitely 43. I'm the same size as you with SLP HiTop & CP Chelsea in 42.

I can fit most Wyatt in 42.5 as well but will hut the top of my feet after a while. I think its the arch & height of the heel.

IMO as sexy as Wyatt looks, I never find it comfortable.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dirty blue pair from this season came in. Here is a comparison with my 2014 blue washed.

kpmurphy

Reaction score
They made a men's version of that black and white penny loafer. It even went on sale on YSL.com
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Admittedly, I've never paid attention to the loafers. Now to track down a 44.5...

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score
I remember when the Palladium stuff first started showing up, some people were saying the quality was a step down from earlier seasons (glued-on crests, lesser-quality leathers, etc.). Now that most of the items have come in, does this seem to be a broader issue within the collection, or is it down to a few items here and there? I haven't handled much of this season's output, and I'd be interested to hear from those who have.

therattler

Reaction score
There seems to be a disinterest in the new collection stuff, especially here. I haven't actually picked up any of the seasonal items that I initially thought I would. Seen a bunch of them, but haven't pulled the trigger because lots of it seems to only work well with itself. Velvet or satin shirts are pretty limited options. Instead, I've been buying pieces to complete my wardrobe. Likewise, it seems that people are mostly interested in getting new versions of old stuff, chain suede wyatts etc. Anyone have similar thoughts?

I did try on a few things this week though. New coat with peak lapels and leopard lining--super long for me.

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score
Yeah, that's recently been my strategy as well: round out my wardrobe with versatile classics. I actually expected to be all over the new stuff after seeing the Palladium show, but so far I haven't picked anything up. Of course, Hedi's departure did throw a spanner in the works, despite not being entirely unforeseen.

Question for you guys: how distressed do you like your raw hems? I did mine DIY and am wondering how far I should go with manual distressing, or if I should leave them to fray naturally with wear. I've only worn them a few times since reworking them, and they now look something like this (sorry, I'm on vacation so I can't take an actual picture of them):

slann01

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have this leather ss15 jacket in size 46 and it is a bit too big for me, does anyone here have the 44 and would be willing to trade? thanks in advance, and have a nice day.

SpencerA

Reaction score
Yeah, that's recently been my strategy as well: round out my wardrobe with versatile classics. I actually expected to be all over the new stuff after seeing the Palladium show, but so far I haven't picked anything up. Of course, Hedi's departure did throw a spanner in the works, despite not being entirely unforeseen.

Question for you guys: how distressed do you like your raw hems? I did mine DIY and am wondering how far I should go with manual distressing, or if I should leave them to fray naturally with wear. I've only worn them a few times since reworking them, and they now look something like this (sorry, I'm on vacation so I can't take an actual picture of them):

I've found my raw hems have become more and more "wild" with each week of wear (fluffier and ragged) so I'd let it happen naturally. It does worry me slightly that the lifespan of raw hems will be shorter than jeans with a finished hem, as the loose ends tend to unravel over time - I heard a line of stitching close the the edge can help alleviate further unraveling so I might try that myself.

scanner

Reaction score
Some of the SA's i've seen cut the raw hems on the sides as well to flare out and it looks really sick with boots.

youwhat

Reaction score
they'll just come apart naturally at the sides as nothing holding them together (if you dont put any stitches in)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads