• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

therattler

Reaction score
went to check out anything new today. they only had the leopard print t, and the new grey flannel shirt. didn't have time to try anything on. but the flannel is super thick. definitely winter wear, no jacket necessary.

also, another new video up on instagram. still lame. but there appears to be a pair of leather pants, and a very similar jodhpur boot for ladies. another rumor from a friend who has seen some photos of the first vacarello collection, is that it is 'so similar' that he couldn't tell it wasn't hedi. I refuse to believe it.

onlyslp

Reaction score
Tried on the black calf devon today, definitely beautiful shoes but I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to wear those with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt like all the pc boots. Didn't end up getting them at the end but I might one day if they're still available

therattler

Reaction score
why not man? they don't seem that different - plus they were worn with jeans in 95% of the runway looks. they'll definitely be too slim for a lot of people's proportions etc. was that it?

onlyslp

Reaction score
why not man? they don't seem that different - plus they were worn with jeans in 95% of the runway looks. they'll definitely be too slim for a lot of people's proportions etc. was that it?

I'm pretty damn skinny so it definitely wasn't the proportions that was bothering me
I think it's the fact that I don't wear jeans with a more formal outfit (dress shirt and blazer) so I don't hem my jeans and let them stack.
As for the differences from what I see is that the little changes such as smaller + flatter sole and a slimmer shape make a big difference for how you have to accommodate the shape with the length of the pants
These devon boots are so sleek to the point where I felt that the stacking of jeans destroys the flow between the shoes and the jeans. They look pretty much straight from top to bottom when I was facing the mirror
But then for guys that prefer no breaks/cropped, these boots are definitely gonna be the best that a designer have ever made and I'm not even exaggerating. I'm sure people who own the 60/85 boots know what I mean when I said the length of pants matter for these devon boots haha

Last edited:

KVAEIOU

Reaction score
Anyone know how the FW14 black and white biker fits in comparison to the stud biker from the same season?

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
Are these knee blow outs from 13', or does he just customize his jeans to exaggerate the distressing ?
361B455500000578-3682539-image-m-32_1468093602058-640x1116.jpg

neonrider

Reaction score
i don't know who that is but he might as well be wearing true religion

even the guy behind him is like look at this ******* assclown

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Devon boots work fine with jeans and t-shirt, especially dressier t-shirts like a black silk. I've also tried mine with the SS 15 version of the blood luster t-shirt (the one in the really fine silky cotton with a slightly wider neck line), and they looked great. You're eye probably just needs time to get used to the shape - when you go from Hedi 30 last to French last for example, they look very different and you need a little time to get used to it. Just remember, women wear the most pointy of boots with jeans and t-shirts all the time.

onlyslp

Reaction score
Devon boots work fine with jeans and t-shirt, especially dressier t-shirts like a black silk. I've also tried mine with the SS 15 version of the blood luster t-shirt (the one in the really fine silky cotton with a slightly wider neck line), and they looked great. You're eye probably just needs time to get used to the shape - when you go from Hedi 30 last to French last for example, they look very different and you need a little time to get used to it. Just remember, women wear the most pointy of boots with jeans and t-shirts all the time.

They look fine if you wear jeans at proper length, I feel that stacks don't go too well with the devon boots. It could be just me though

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads