• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was feeling my gold boots with leather today so I figured I'd post. Also bought a 44 Le Smoking which I looooove but am having the sleeves shortened on a bit and will post proper fit pics after but for now :

anything else worth checking out there?

I picked up the full sleeve Hawaiian shirt off of the mr porter sale. The material will work well for me and kind of been wanting it for a bit.

Also got the black tunic from last year. A piece I missed out on and we all know this is it for summer pieces. Summer shirts in warm areas are always hard.

rory1029

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Long time lurker.
Two things

1) Is there any way for me to ascertain the year of production on a pair of Wyatt Chelsea's ?

2)Anyone have any leads as to where I can track down a pair of the fringed wyatts in a size 41 ?

Thanks!!

harlemriver

Reaction score

Didn't like them or incorrect fit?

I liked them but did not like the fit. Shaft was far too narrow and looked a bit off to me. When jeans are stacked on them you wouldn't really notice but it just was too severe of a taper and I didn't want the shaft rubbing against my ankle as these did.
The fringe detail was fun and funky tho. Cute.

valedictorian

Reaction score
Hi guys, since I'm knee-deep in this SLP madness, I have one more question: do the cropped Jodhpurs really run big? I have my eyes on the tan suede version but I have never ventured into this type of shoes yet. I read somewhere that they run 1 size bigger, but that's also what they say about the SL01 sneakers and for me these are definitely TTS.

Your advice is highly appreciated and apologies if this question has been asked before!

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You probably could've gone half a size smaller with a 41.5 (at least for the Wyatt model) if your feet are 27.5 cm long. I've been able to size down an additional half a size more than what the chart suggests for my biker boots since they have a more generous toe box.

Last edited:

valedictorian

Reaction score

Cropped Jodhpur Sz 1 down
SL/01 Sz 0.5 down

Thanks for your response. Since I don't have to size down for none of my SLP shoes (amongst others: SL01, SL37, 'vans', oxfords, military boots, etc.) despite all what I read on the internet, do I still need to size down?

Information seems to be contradicting by the way, because matchesfashion.com for example mentions that these cropped Jods fit true to size. They are usually spot on with their recommendations on sizing, unlike many online stores who put generic sizing charts.

Sorry for the kind of back-and-forth questioning, but returning an item is usually a drag where I live (customs duties don't get reimbursed, outbound shipping time takes forever, etc.).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads