• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up the lips jacquard shirt. :satisfied: Anyway, last call to proxy the coats.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have any back ups of the old belt. The one I have was released for both SS13 and AW13, and is slightly different to the one in the photo I posted in that it is a high shine silver like the classic 3 passant, rather than the aged metal in the photo (that one never went into production).

Therattler, I think that complicates it a little but I don't see any reason why not, especially if you're wearing black on top. If it doesn't look right then I'd prefer to go beltless rather than wear a matching brown suede belt though.

therattler

Reaction score
damn re: the belt. I'm happy with my saint germain one, but prefer the look of the original like you posted. hoping one shows up for resale one day.

i'm also weird about wearing black with light wash blue jeans. i never wear black boots with them. oak does and looks awesome so i don't know what my problem is. in the summer i like to wear a pair of ss15 light wash (no rips) denim, with suede boots and a white shirt to work. i agree with you that a suede belt would be stupid overkill. but i still tend not to put on a belt and untuck the shirt. what do you think? probably with a blazer the back belt would be fine.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind black shoes with blue jeans at all. I love the bleached SS14 jeans with black boots. I also think the light jeans on the AW 13 runway look decent with the black boots. These days though I only wear black or dark indigo raws. Wish I had the bleached from SS 14, but the sizing was weird (couldn't get my foot through the 28s, and the 29s had huge baggy knees).

slann01

Reaction score
anyone familiar with current d10 sizing? Am I fine going with my size 30 fw2014 d02 size, or should I size down to a 29?

I think you should be good with same size of fw14 D02. Keep in mind though that the d10 have higher rise so they will probably be a bit large since they hit over the waist, unless you wear them with something tucked in.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yh personally i'm not into the black boots light blue jeans especially, dark indigo raw is passable at best

slann01

Reaction score

scanner

Reaction score
FWIW regarding black suede boots, I saw Hedi the other day and he was wearing low suede boots in black - Couldn't really tell if they were cropped jodhpurs or the FW16 side zips, the profile was really low - along with a pair of black jeans and a light blue Lee denim jacket. Looked pretty bad ass.

GeneralNegative

Reaction score
@slann01 I read your review of the creepers, it's great. I noticed that you strongly advised wearing cropped denim with the shoes. I'm curious as to why that is exactly. After telling a friend I have a pair of creepers on the way, he said the same thing, cropped or cuffed denim only.
I was just planning on wearing my D10's with the creepers and rocking em that way. Thoughts anyone?

shibafku

Reaction score
does anyone have any experiencing tailoring SLP denim? I have the SS16 knee patches in 31s. 30s fit me pretty well generally, but these didn't so I sized to my TTS. however, they're a little loose around the thighs and waist, but the calves fit great.

I'd like to get them tapered at the waist and at a thighs by just a little bit. are there any concerns with doing so?

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@slann01 I read your review of the creepers, it's great. I noticed that you strongly advised wearing cropped denim with the shoes. I'm curious as to why that is exactly. After telling a friend I have a pair of creepers on the way, he said the same thing, cropped or cuffed denim only.
I was just planning on wearing my D10's with the creepers and rocking em that way. Thoughts anyone?

that's how it was on the runway lol plus it just looks cleaner, generally with nice shoes like derbies, oxfords, creepers or stuff like that you want to show a bit of ankle (or sock)

Isolar

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Saint Laurent Kurfürstendamm store in Berlin? I'll be there in a couple weeks and wouldn't mind checking it out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads