• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randeep

Reaction score
Thanks guys :) makes the price easier to swallow
foo.gif
I agree SirGrotius it's a tad longer but the way I rationalised it to myself is I'd half get the look of the oversized flannel for free heheh.

kevineg6 - the jodphurs are exact same colour as the SS15 iteration - 'cigare'.

The most accurate representation of the colour being on the official website (bear in mind this links to SS15 with white stitching and gold coloured buckle):

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...odhpur-boot-in-cigar-suede_cod44764572pg.html

With the less accurate representations that makes it look darker/more ocher coloured elsewhere:

http://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/saint_laurent/cigar-suede-jodhpur-boots/591696
http://www.matchesfashion.com/products/Saint-Laurent-Suede-chelsea-boots-1023104
https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/saint-laurent/tan-suede-hedi-ankle-boots/1251803

AB77

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Recently purchased the FW15 waxed creased low waisted jeans. To my surprise, I fit size 30. Usually I wear 31-32 in SL Skinny. There's plenty of stretch in the fabric & its very lightweight.

slann01

Reaction score
All -

How do you clean/wash your waxed/coated denim?

Handwash in the sink with cold water. I heard that other people wash them reversed in the washer, but i never had the courage to do that.
Today I put a fit with my fw14 teddy blazer - i think it would have looked better with the creepers but they were at the cobbler so i chose the wyatts instead:

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ love the plaid. Always wanted to find that in the hunter green size 48 but never did...

slann01

Reaction score
pout game skrrrrong(love the wyatts tho!)

Ahaha man i needed to search what that word meant, sorry for the strange face but i wasn't making that up lol, it's my normal expression.
^^ love the plaid. Always wanted to find that in the hunter green size 48 but never did...
Thanks man - you are speaking of the green one with velvet inserts at the end of the sleeves or my exact one but with green tartan plaid? never seen that version around

Thanks for the compliments man :) As for the jacket, i think the fit is perfect, as it is tagged as a size 42(!) but fits oversized and my shoulders are exactly in the same place of other blazers i own. On the other side, the length of the sleeves is definitely too much but that's just because i'm pretty short, still on the fence about tailoring them to be a bit shorter.

Ariiam

Reaction score
Ahaha man i needed to search what that word meant, sorry for the strange face but i wasn't making that up lol, it's my normal expression.
Thanks man - you are speaking of the green one with velvet inserts at the end of the sleeves or my exact one but with green tartan plaid? never seen that version around

Thanks for the compliments man :) As for the jacket, i think the fit is perfect, as it is tagged as a size 42(!) but fits oversized and my shoulders are exactly in the same place of other blazers i own. On the other side, the length of the sleeves is definitely too much but that's just because i'm pretty short, still on the fence about tailoring them to be a bit shorter.

Are you sure its EU42 (XXS)? Because I think Saint Laurent doesnt make smaller than 44 =/ I might be wrong though. The sides look fine, but I think you should defo shorten the sleeves. The length of the blazer is also a tad too long :p SLP is all about that crop, crop, crop :p

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score
Are you sure its EU42 (XXS)? Because I think Saint Laurent doesnt make smaller than 44 =/ I might be wrong though. The sides look fine, but I think you should defo shorten the sleeves. The length of the blazer is also a tad too long :p SLP is all about that crop, crop, crop :p

Yes, saint laurent makes some garments in 42, like some leather jackets and sometimes oversized items like this blazer. As for the lenght, it is intended to be longer than a normal blazer to achieve the teddy boy look from the end of the 50's: https://cdna.lystit.com/photos/73de...et-product-1-20563081-4-471274668-normal.jpeg
and here's the other that was probably mentioned by https://cdnb.lystit.com/photos/6cf1...1-21914258-4-161352713-normal_large_flex.jpeg@Prudy

Ariiam

Reaction score
Ah. It looks beautiful, maybe you should wear it open :p

Im having so much trouble hunting down slim fit items in XS, nobody ever seems to stock them....

therattler

Reaction score
@slann01 what is the site you're using for those pics? do you have AW13? if so, I'd love to have a look through em

slann01

Reaction score

@slann01
 what is the site you're using for those pics? do you have AW13? if so, I'd love to have a look through em

Just got them through Google images, they are old stock photos from Mr. Porter and luisaviaroma listings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads