• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

youwhat

Reaction score
no, because usually a want to buy post means they want it for about a third of retail price.
musicboohoo[1].gif
sneaky2.gif

i really like the want to buy ones that state item must be new with tags / unworn.
baldy[1].gif

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone more knowledgeable may help you, I don't know how to spot fakes. Just be aware where you are buying it from or who and it should be fine.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MrPorter "Final Markdowns" are up and it looks like they got some old stock back at 70%-80% off. Not bad if you're size is there.

I remember people going nuts for this hawaiian shirt before and it is 70% there with plenty of sizes.

neonrider

Reaction score
that's the beach box shirt, its awesome. highly recommended. great cut and fabric.

just make sure if you get one that the print on the front matches up (i.e., the palm tree on the front isn't "broken"). given ysl's constant production issues, some got made with the print mismatched. and trust mr porter, that's exactly the one they took a fit pic of! obviously, the shirt looks much better when the print lines up correctly. there are some fit pics on my instagram (modenoire) iirc.

the boots weren't there before.

for fake jeans, look for--straight (vs angled) zipper pulls, bad printing on the D-number, wrong color hardware, wrong proportions...it's usually pretty obvious for the biker jeans. if you're a size 32, i have a bnwt pair lying around i'm thinking of selling.

cheers!!

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably old news now, but for those of you speculating on Slimane moving to Gucci you can rest assured he'll be remaining at SLP. Alessandro Michele (former assistant to head designer) is taking over at Gucci. He seems really cool on a related note.

KYeezy

Reaction score
MrPorter "Final Markdowns" are up and it looks like they got some old stock back at 70%-80% off. Not bad if you're size is there.

I remember people going nuts for this hawaiian shirt before and it is 70% there with plenty of sizes.
If anyone's interested have this on sale in a 39

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to try out the boots and see how they look casually. Sucks most of the sales are over. Does anyone know where I can possible get the Wyatt suede in black or brown in a 43?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I decided to try out the boots and see how they look casually. Sucks most of the sales are over. Does anyone know where I can possible get the Wyatt suede in black or brown in a 43?

My local SLP said they were placing a restock order. Probably worth checking with your local boutique.

sexandcandy

Reaction score

The nut suede is available on SSENSE in most sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads