• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

roughoutlove

Reaction score
You and I both :/ I literally used the same two pictures to pm another member the other day about these boots and where to look for them in a 42. The stores only have them in a 44.5, and I've had zero luck online thus far. I think we just have to wait and be patient about it. But we should help each other on our hunt. I'll let you know if I come across them... granted there are two pairs :X

youwhat

Reaction score
the chunky gold zipper (size 10?) looks great on the older ones...breaks the boot up a bit.

the used a less chunky one (7/8?) on some...but had a bit of suede covering it...

have they now switched to size 5 ykk? and hidden?

neonrider, what size are you?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neon Rider, a member on another forum said that the leg on the raw hem jeans is skinnier than the AW14 and SS14 black skinny jeans, and that the leg is more like the AW13 raw jeans, but with a higher waist. Would you say that's accurate? I found SS14 and AW14 skinny black jeans to be too loose and only wear the AW13 ones. I'm definitely going to pick some up if I get some Santiag boots I think.

Also have you seen the Santiag boots in black in the plain side zip version? I don't really want the stitched detail or harness versions, as the boots are a pretty extreme shape already, without more detail.

Shame about the jackets as the SS13 ones really had the cropped and fitted look from the runway. Everything seems to have been made bigger since SS13 and to a lesser extent AW13 (coats last season were massive compared to AW13). I remember jacket sleeves on the denim and leathers from SS13 being very short, whereas now I could do with having them shortened.

Cheers

mcking

Reaction score
Neon Rider, a member on another forum said that the leg on the raw hem jeans is skinnier than the AW14 and SS14 black skinny jeans, and that the leg is more like the AW13 raw jeans, but with a higher waist. Would you say that's accurate? I found SS14 and AW14 skinny black jeans to be too loose and only wear the AW13 ones. I'm definitely going to pick some up if I get some Santiag boots I think.

Speaking with sales rep in two different locations, they both confirm/agreed that 15.5cm was not as skinny. They didn't have a reason for the inconsistency either. I really do hope the fit goes back to AW13.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yeah, it's a shame that the jeans got looser. Luckily I have a second pair of both the black and indigo 15.5 from AW13 banked away for future use. The later jeans don't really look skinny on me, and I'd need to taper them which I'd rather not have to do, as it's always a gamble as to how they'll turn out. Even if I size down to 28 (which is quite possible as they're a lot looser than the AW13 ones), the leg still isn't as skinny as the 29s from AW13, and I don't think I could stretch to a 27.

mysterion

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to dye their black stretch denim? Mine have faded a little bit from washing and would like them pitch black :)

neonrider

Reaction score
hey guys,

i don't quite know how to describe the fit of the raw hem jeans...they feel narrower at the waist, and then bigger at the thigh, and then wider through the leg. it's a little strange. like a different cut of jean almost. best to try them on, i think.

in general, i think the ss and aw13 jeans were the best, like keiran says. after that, the cuts changed quite a bit...and they keep changing every season. the waist was positioned better, the leg was skinnier, and that was true in all the cuts, D01, D02, and D03. it's ironic because the D02s used to be called "16cm", but they were in fact skinnier through the leg than the current "15.5" cm.

luckily, like kieran, i have some backups. but it's well worth tracking down a pair of first seasons if you can....especially in raw, the cuts are much more severe. i also really liked the "marine blue" color that doesn't seem to be made anymore.

this season, the plain black waxed jeans and the stone washed blue jeans are very similar to the fw13 cut (if you size down 1 or 2).

also note though it's not denoted by the "D" number, there is a super skinny jean that comes out every season. the hem's closer to 14 than 16cm. but you have to be truly painfully skinny to squeeze into these at your normal waist size.

i don't think zippers are a "sleekness" issue, the original wyatt boots were much more severe than they are now, and they used chunky zippers. i think it's a cost issue. in general, i get the impression that the bean counters at ysl are trying to cut corners wherever possible. you can see this in the construction of accessories, leathers...

ysl knows they have sizing issues, i'm not sure whether they care very much. i'll try and take some pics of first season leathers compared to new ones...it's a shame that everything's getting bigger. you can't really change this by sizing down since the proportions get messed up.

cheers!!

Ariiam

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have a pair of 16cm black jeans in garbadine from the very first season-I dont think any other in this material was ever made after that. Size 27, fit is small

mcking

Reaction score
Can someone please give me some insight on spotting fake biker denim? Did the previous models ever have gold buttons but zippers still silver?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neon Rider, thanks for the post, those 14cm jeans sound interesting. Are they usually one of the washes / treatments? I tend to prefer the plainer black and indigo, or at a push something like the waxed.

Just a heads up for anybody that decides to track some of the SS13 or AW13 raw skinny jeans down, there was actually two batches of the SS13 jeans made; the first that was in stores in January 13, were really skinny and low waisted, but the second batch, which arrived around May / June here in the UK, were much looser, and the waist was higher. Both were the same item code, but there was a massive difference between them. They pretty much fixed everything for the AW13 ones though (which strangely arrived around the same time as the second batch of SS13 ones), which are the best jeans I've ever had.

knie

Reaction score
Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cropped jodhpurs are really popular. Some staff at London stores told me that lots of customers will buy two or more pairs at a time.

Shame the London 20 ones aren't as nice as the Blake 30 versions from SS14 (leather isn't as nice in the black version, and there's a bit of a gap at the front between ankle and shoe, at least on me), but I still compromised and got some as I love the style and have worn all of my older ones loads. I'm also going to grab some of the dark brown suede ones if they're available, as I really like the way the slight contrast looks with black jeans:

Price increase here in the UK from the AW14 London 20 to the SS15 London 20 was £530 to £620. Seems a bit much considering that the only difference is visible stitching added to the sole. I can see many boots ending up over £1000 soon (Wyatt harness etc.) and nothing below around £700.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads