• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moonmanairlift

Reaction score

Late to the zippered jeans preorder. :/
What are the differences from last year's? Even tighter calfs on them? I'm worried I'm out of luck since my calves are 16.5" around at their widest. :(

Last years were 16.5 cm. This years are 15.5cm and depending on size, hem will be smaller than 15.5 cm. So yes, they are tighter haha. For reference, size 30 biker jeans from last year have an exact 16.5cm hem. Therefore, larger sizes may increase by .5. To sum it up, I would say that the bikers last year fit more like 17.5cm jeans.

Last edited:

Somatic

Reaction score
Last years were 16.5 cm. This years are 15.5cm and depending on size, hem will be smaller than 15.5 cm. So yes, they are tighter haha. For reference, size 30 biker jeans from last year have an exact 16.5cm hem. Therefore, larger sizes may increase by .5. To sum it up, I would say that the bikers last year fit more like 17.5cm jeans.
Alright, prepare for a stupid question about the hem. When you say it's a 15.5cm hem on the jeans, does that mean it narrows down to a 15.5cm x 2 or 31cm circumference around the ankle? But it's larger below the knee until it narrows down to that point?

I wear a size 32 in most jeans, but I'm thinking I should size up to either a 33 or a 34 just because I'm worried they'll be too tight in my calves or even my thighs.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Alright, prepare for a stupid question about the hem. When you say it's a 15.5cm hem on the jeans, does that mean it narrows down to a 15.5cm x 2 or 31cm circumference around the ankle? But it's larger below the knee until it narrows down to that point?

I wear a size 32 in most jeans, but I'm thinking I should size up to either a 33 or a 34 just because I'm worried they'll be too tight in my calves or even my thighs. 

Ha, that's a great question. 15.5cm means when you're laying the jeans flat, the opening will be 15.5 (6.1") wide for that leg. I'm not sure if the circumference is exactly double that.

What brands/types of jeans do you wear? My rule of thumb for "skinny" jeans, which 15.5cm are, is if you're an ectomorph the jeans will be perfect for you, and no reason to adjust the size, if you're a mesomorph, you may be okay sticking to your standard size, but if you're doing a lot of lower body exercises size up one, or they may look painted onto your thighs, etc. If you're an endomorph consider sizing up a couple, and keep in mind it'll be dicey.

Somatic

Reaction score
Ha, that's a great question. 15.5cm means when you're laying the jeans flat, the opening will be 15.5 (6.1") wide for that leg. I'm not sure if the circumference is exactly double that.

What brands/types of jeans do you wear? My rule of thumb for "skinny" jeans, which 15.5cm are, is if you're an ectomorph the jeans will be perfect for you, and no reason to adjust the size, if you're a mesomorph, you may be okay sticking to your standard size, but if you're doing a lot of lower body exercises size up one, or they may look painted onto your thighs, etc. If you're an endomorph consider sizing up a couple, and keep in mind it'll be dicey.
I'm a 32 now in JCrew, Levis, & Scotch and Soda. I'm thinking I may have to size up one since I did football/lifting so I always have to worry fitting into skinny jeans. Hopefully they stretch out a bit around my legs. :X

moonmanairlift

Reaction score

Alright, prepare for a stupid question about the hem. When you say it's a 15.5cm hem on the jeans, does that mean it narrows down to a 15.5cm x 2 or 31cm circumference around the ankle? But it's larger below the knee until it narrows down to that point?

For bikers, it fits tighter in the knees in general because it's leather. It'll take longer to stretch it out. I can only speak for FW '13 bikers. The new ones are ridiculously tight now. It'll be tight throughout.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For bikers, it fits tighter in the knees in general because it's leather. It'll take longer to stretch it out. I can only speak for FW '13 bikers. The new ones are ridiculously tight now. It'll be tight throughout.

Oh yes, if the OP is asking about bikers/leather jeans I'd be very careful. I wear a size 28 in everything, and tried on the bikers and literally was a little worried I might damage them with my fatness.

moonmanairlift

Reaction score
I'm a 32 now in JCrew, Levis, & Scotch and Soda. I'm thinking I may have to size up one since I did football/lifting so I always have to worry fitting into skinny jeans. Hopefully they stretch out a bit around my legs. :X

They do stretch but honestly, if you're really worried, try on a pair of 17.5 jeans rather than 15.5 ones.

moonmanairlift

Reaction score
Sorry to change the subject but is anyone interested in some FW '13 stuff i'm selling?

-Grey/red oversized flannel in size 38 (Have tags + receipt)
-16.5 cm biker jeans size 30 (Have tags, dust bag, SLP envelope and receipt)

PM me if so..

Somatic

Reaction score
They do stretch but honestly, if you're really worried, try on a pair of 17.5 jeans rather than 15.5 ones.
Ya, I think I'd be just fine with 17.5 jeans.

Problem is those damn zipper jeans I want are 15.5 this year!
Ended up ordering some 15.5 skinny stretch denim jeans in a size 32 and 33 just to try out. They were on sale so I may just end up keeping them if I really love them.

mugatu

Reaction score
keep in mind 15.5 / 17.5 cm are the under 31 hem measurements... the hem widens proportionally above 32.. it's better to simply think of the cuts as skinny, slim & straight. for example a SLP skinny size 34 will have a hem closer to 17.5...and the slim in same size will be 18.5/19cm ... bottom line is you should be good if you go TTS unless your calves are overtly muscular..

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
Wait, is all the pre-fall stuff released that late? LVR has it as Sept 30, Barney's has it at October. YSL.com has it listed as at July 15th. When is the collection actually coming out?

The collection comes out whenever. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to it. The Saint Laurent boutiques already have a decent amount of stuff in stock.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KenneSherry