• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bling you've got to do the lamb SLP jackets; it's a whole different game. I get so many compliments on mine, it feels so luxurious, and it gets better every time I wear it. I don't understand the calf thing unless you're really into motorsports. ha.

shycharmer

Reaction score
View attachment 1953803
Hey guys,
I've had this Teddy jacket for about a year now. I sized down in this and got 46 as opposed to my regular size (48). I've been really concious of how it fits lately cause my friend told me it looks tight. What do you guys think? Is it more common to size down in Teddy or go tts? Does it look too small on me? I'd appreciate your feedback.
The jacket looks fine. I assume you can button it?

But I would definitely recommend sizing up on the jeans. Not hating on skinny jeans, but they look so tapered that they look like women's jeans.

Bling

Reaction score
Bling you've got to do the lamb SLP jackets; it's a whole different game. I get so many compliments on mine, it feels so luxurious, and it gets better every time I wear it. I don't understand the calf thing unless you're really into motorsports. ha.

I was tempted by the calf because it’s on sale on Yoox. I’ll check out the lamb in the boutique.

daniel2001

Reaction score
The jacket looks fine. I assume you can button it?

But I would definitely recommend sizing up on the jeans. Not hating on skinny jeans, but they look so tapered that they look like women's jeans.
I can button it but it's very tight when I do and I can barely move lol
Also at first the sleeves were extremely tight and I had to stretch them. Is that normal?
As for the pants I don't think sizing up would help since they'd be too big in the waist. The issue most likely is that I have thicker legs but a thin upper half. So any skinny jeans would look like that on me. But I also wear straight fit pants to avoid the overly tapered look when I want to.

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
I can button it but it's very tight when I do and I can barely move lol
Also at first the sleeves were extremely tight and I had to stretch them. Is that normal?
As for the pants I don't think sizing up would help since they'd be too big in the waist. The issue most likely is that I have thicker legs but a thin upper half. So any skinny jeans would look like that on me. But I also wear straight fit pants to avoid the overly tapered look when I want to.

Haven't you already gone over this in this thread previously?

It looks ok, but a bit on the small side. The jeans don't look good.

Ultimately you don't really have the right body type for SLP.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
His body is fine.

In general, sure. For the aesthetic he's going for? Definitely not. He literally had to stretch the sleeves on a jacket. And remember the Wyatt situation? This is not normal, lmao.

I think Daniel should just try to care a little less about fitting into a highly specific aesthetic and stay more open minded about fit and what looks good on him.

Randeep

Reaction score
I don't fit the fits particularly flattering but a still picture doesn't convey a person's energy so it might be cooler IRL.

Aside from that (and without meaning to sound like a prick), if you went on a quest to drop 20lbs I reckon there'd be a straight correlation between the weight loss and how hard the (SL) fit goes ^_^

rire

Reaction score
Capture d’écran 2023-05-15 à 22.22.12.png

Come on man.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, yeah, it's bad. But I don't think there's any reason for despair yet. This is what I would do, and note that this is mostly just reflective of my own personal style:

1. Burn those jeans.
2. Burn those shoes.
3. Don't wear white socks, especially if they're going to be visible.
4. Put the teddy on a hangar in the closet, possibly to be burned later.

That's the clothes, which I do not think are good man. This is the main step:

5. The closer you can get to dropping 20 pounds, the better you'll look in this type of clothes. You can definitely wear a wide range of clothes at your current weight, but if you're dead set on hedi slimane stuff I'd make that my goal.

It's tough, though, since you have to lose the weight and maintain it for at least six months, otherwise you'll just put it back on. So, we're talking lifestyle changes here.

Here's teh tricky part: I wouldn't go by the scale per se, since your weight fluctuates a lot day by day, and the scale can be misleading. Instead, I would find 500 calories per day to get rid of, and then look at my body for signs of weight loss. But I wouldn't do this last part until a week or two had gone by.

Also, and I think this is critical: don't size your jeans based on your waist, but on your legs.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Honestly, yeah, it's bad. But I don't think there's any reason for despair yet. This is what I would do, and note that this is mostly just reflective of my own personal style:

1. Burn those jeans.
2. Burn those shoes.
3. Don't wear white socks, especially if they're going to be visible.
4. Put the teddy on a hangar in the closet, possibly to be burned later.

That's the clothes, which I do not think are good man. This is the main step:

5. The closer you can get to dropping 20 pounds, the better you'll look in this type of clothes. You can definitely wear a wide range of clothes at your current weight, but if you're dead set on hedi slimane stuff I'd make that my goal.

It's tough, though, since you have to lose the weight and maintain it for at least six months, otherwise you'll just put it back on. So, we're talking lifestyle changes here.

Here's teh tricky part: I wouldn't go by the scale per se, since your weight fluctuates a lot day by day, and the scale can be misleading. Instead, I would find 500 calories per day to get rid of, and then look at my body for signs of weight loss. But I wouldn't do this last part until a week or two had gone by.

Also, and I think this is critical: don't size your jeans based on your waist, but on your legs.
Well style's subjective. I like loafers and white socks. It's an old school look. About my weight, I'm already a bit underweight at 160 pounds for my height which is 6'1. I'm a thin person on my upper half but my legs are thicker like I said. I understand that for this aesthetic you'd have to ideally be severely underweight to look the best and I definitely agree with that but I don't think losing weight is the answer since I'm not overweight haha.
For the fit, I rarely wear skinny jeans these days. Those pictures are from last year. Now I mainly only wear skinny black jeans and straight fit everything else. For the teddy I ordered a size up and I'll be selling this one cause it looks too small. I appreciate your constructive criticism.

daniel2001

Reaction score
Haven't you already gone over this in this thread previously?

It looks ok, but a bit on the small side. The jeans don't look good.

Ultimately you don't really have the right body type for SLP.
I didn't really go over this specifically no.
I agree that the jeans are too tight but I swear they don't look this bad irl lol
I don't wear em anymore anyway
I also agree that I don't have the ideal body type for slp but I think I can still pull it off. That pic isn't a good example but I can post some more here so you can see.
1684264170958.jpeg

1684263892761.jpeg

1684263929092.jpeg

1684263965854.jpeg

daniel2001

Reaction score
In general, sure. For the aesthetic he's going for? Definitely not. He literally had to stretch the sleeves on a jacket. And remember the Wyatt situation? This is not normal, lmao.

I think Daniel should just try to care a little less about fitting into a highly specific aesthetic and stay more open minded about fit and what looks good on him.
My style's actually very diverse. The slp style's only one of the pillars in my style. 99% of the time I wear oversized clothes. I wear slp style for special occasions. I'm not trying to force myself into it. I genuinely love it and think I look good in them and many people have complimented me irl. I agree that in some pics I don't look good and some of my items might not look good either, but I still think I can wear slp:)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexcruz