• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweetcloud that is a much desired jacket. Make sure it's expensive; not trying to be cheeky, but if it's like 1K it's fake. Those moto jackets go for high numbers.

I'm not an expert, but the thickness of the leather, the robustness of the hardware, and the design all looked good to me. The one thing that threw me was the weird white stitching on the tags. Perhaps that's an ex-US type of thing or maybe they reattached the tags? I have some SLP leather and they always use a black stitching to mimic the interior lining.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Sweetcloud that is a much desired jacket. Make sure it's expensive; not trying to be cheeky, but if it's like 1K it's fake. Those moto jackets go for high numbers.

I'm not an expert, but the thickness of the leather, the robustness of the hardware, and the design all looked good to me. The one thing that threw me was the weird white stitching on the tags. Perhaps that's an ex-US type of thing or maybe they reattached the tags? I have some SLP leather and they always use a black stitching to mimic the interior lining.

Wasn't the white stitching an Asian market thing? I remember that topic coming up a little while ago. It would make sense considering the kanji on the white tag.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
What is the general consensus on the 60 heel? 'Masculine', 'borderline female' or 'whatever' ?

I'm not sure. It's either one of the extremes I think. Persian archers used to wear heels because it made it easier to fire their bow while riding on a horse. So the origins are undoubtedly masculine and pretty badass in my opinion.

But even then I'm always very conscious of what I combine them with. 60mm suede boots, skinny jeans and long hair on a skinny dude doesn't necessarily scream masculine, obviously. I'll often wear wider tops with them. I'm fairly tall which is a masculine feature so that helps, but I think having broad shoulders/muscle etc would help a lot with the look.

Or just don't think about it too much and accept that you might look a bit gay in them. ?‍♂️

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BD82E8EF-1A6F-4487-A406-656175969F80.jpeg

Rich Clientele
D02
SL/10H

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Hello all, quick question here. Does anybody know how the Lukas boots fit? True to size? I know that I sized down half a size for the Santiags, I had sized down a full size for my cowboy Wyatt's but I've heard that after 16' the boots run more true to size now. Any help is appreciated.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all, quick question here. Does anybody know how the Lukas boots fit? True to size? I know that I sized down half a size for the Santiags, I had sized down a full size for my cowboy Wyatt's but I've heard that after 16' the boots run more true to size now. Any help is appreciated.
The Lukas do not run as large. I size down to 40 for all Wyatt boots but wear a TTS 41 in Lukas

cjmorris21

Reaction score
The Lukas do not run as large. I size down to 40 for all Wyatt boots but wear a TTS 41 in Lukas

This is very helpful, thank you. My Wyatt cowboys are size 40, same with my pair of low cut jodhpurs with the buckle. I just got a pair of Wyatt jodphurs on sale in 40 and they don't fit so I am going to try the 40.5 in that pair. Sounds like the 41 in Lukas will be the right size for me. Just for reference I wear 8 in all my dress shoes and 8.5 in Nike. SLP sizing is such a pain **********.

rippedbluejeans

Reaction score

I wear a 43 in Lukas and a 43 in Wyatt Harness and Army Combat. I have a pair of Wyatt Chelseas in 42.5 that also fit me well but I'd probably be fine in a 43 in them too. I think the first time I tried Lukas I was convinced I had to size up but actually TTS was fine.

Adrianadrian

Reaction score
Hi all, I was told I might better come here to find answers: does anyone know this 'teddy' bombers? Its tag says it's from 2017 but I cannot seem to find traces of this exact model online...What do you think ? Am I bad at Google, is it a little cousin in the shadow of SL's flagship models or would that just be an obvious fake? Merci in advance :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.56.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.56.30 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.57.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.57.28 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 1.10.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 1.10.50 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.57.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 12.57.13 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 124

sweetcloud

Reaction score

Thank you!

I am browsing back this thread found that white stitching is specifically for the Asian market. I've researched this one was biding to $1818 and $2861 on Yahoo Japan a few years ago.

Jalen

Reaction score
Hi all, I was told I might better come here to find answers: does anyone know this 'teddy' bombers? Its tag says it's from 2017 but I cannot seem to find traces of this exact model online...What do you think ? Am I bad at Google, is it a little cousin in the shadow of SL's flagship models or would that just be an obvious fake? Merci in advance :)
Bad fake

cjmorris21

Reaction score
I just noticed this shirt in a GQ article about watches. This has to have been a custom job right? I don't know why anyone would want to mess with one of the most iconic Hawaiian shirts that Hedi came out with. I absolutely worship the version of this shirt that I have (raw hem, long sleeves). Without the skull print I'd say he is looking good with the Jordan Dior's as well.
GettyImages-1351365287.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads