• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slann01

Reaction score
Did the camo fringed jacket already sell out? I can't find it on the european official site. Has anyone here tried it?

jwoowoo

Reaction score

Did the camo fringed jacket already sell out? I can't find it on the european official site. Has anyone here tried it?

I have the gold trim one, not the fringed one. It fits oversized, I suggest sizing down one for a tts fit. The fringed camo jacket is on farfetch and matchesfashion right now I believe.

slann01

Reaction score
I have the gold trim one, not the fringed one. It fits oversized, I suggest sizing down one for a tts fit. The fringed camo jacket is on farfetch and matchesfashion right now I believe.

Thank you. I hope to see it in person before pulling the trigger, I fear it could be too "cosplayish", and the SLP here in Rome still didn't receive it in the stock :(
Anyway, I just put up a review of the cropped Jodhpurs on my recently started blog: http://lustercatcher.blogspot.it/ ; any feedback is greatly appreciated, especially about the writing since English isn't my first language ;)

slann01

Reaction score

great blog slann. that's a really comprehensive review!

Thank you Neon! I'm spreading it especially to my friends and to my university circles in hope that someone catches the Saint Laurent fever like us :)

Thatsteez

Reaction score

Haven't had a chance to drop by a boutique to check out this season yet, but wow, Santiags look great on feet. I was thinking of picking up a pair of tan Wyatts for an everyday, but now considering these. The heel is super sleek.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried those on in the shop today and they're pretty dope.. run kind of big, the shape is really nice and sleek. My only concern is the zipper is super cheap and the sole doesn't look like it'll last long. It's the standard vero cuoio manufacturing and I found them to be of Kooples or similar quality, not impressive at all, which is a shame. They should have gone all out for the first wave of these and then pumped them out as mass manufactured like they have with the Wyatt's, which have a laughably thin zipper and sole now. Leather is fine, but I'm really kind of bummed that a lot of the products, especially new to this season have the quality similar to that of a fast fashion / high street shop.

I also stopped by the Rodeo and Beverly stores and aside from one or two people there is an entirely new wave of sales people, much older and very out of touch with both the customers and the products. I asked for the Santiag Boots and the lady said 'yeah everyone is asking about those, let me get your info and we'll order it for you' and they were displayed right in front of her. Even the vibe of the stores seems to have lost their identity. I mean they were playing Jack ü at the rodeo store which was a huge wtf.

I get the feeling that the higher ups didn't have much faith in SS15 and are just kind of pumping out the stuff and forced Hedi into doing a greatest hits collection for FW15. I have high hopes for Monday's show though.

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ interesting

I have a pair of b&w santiag's on order, will be here in a few days so I am interested to see the detail. Regarding the Wyatt quality, which are you referring to? I just bought a pair of the chain harness and the boots are super solid. They are a fashion boot, of course, but still strike me as being pretty tough. I've worn them about 15 miles at this point and they still look brand new and feel great.

I have been searching and searching online for a lot of the pieces from SS15 and have visited a few resellers and boutiques and I agree, I am having a hard time finding pieces and it does seem like they are coming out slowly and without much fanfare. Too bad - I would love to see some of those suede capes, etc. as they look amazing. Did anyone even order those? I saw one on the Barney's website but it was the most basic of the bunch.

Oh, and just to be clear, my Wyatt's have the standard SLP zipper found on the leathers, etc...seems solid. Are they maybe shipping different products to different markets?

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
Thanks, man. Yeah, that's the same one I saw at Barney's, too. I was hoping to find some of the others, there is an amazing patchwork cape...

Also, I'm thinking now that maybe I got a pair of the AW14 produced Wyatt's, and maybe exangel is referring to the newest batch, but not sure - I see in the online pics of the santiags they have the smaller, thinner YKK zipper.

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
This is a total long shot, but does anyone know if there are any of the black onyx arrowhead bolo ties still around from the previous seasons? I missed my opportunity to get one at the time and I've been kicking myself ever since...would love to track one down.

Thx.

Last edited:

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm referring to this -

Those thin ykk zippers seem to have made their way onto every boot. I did see an older Suede wyatt with the saint laurent branded zipper but it was still a little bit thinner than what they used to be -

You can also see a comparison of the branded zippers here -

New Thinner Zipper

AW13 Zipper

And yeah, the shops seem to only carry a small portion of what SS15 is all about. Then again, each YSL boutique is independent and run differently so they might just be buying based off what they know will sell.

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ yep, I got you, thanks.

My wyatt's have the older AW13-style zip, and from what I've seen the new santiags have the thinner zip as you say. Manufacturing is such a tricky biz so we'll see if those stay or go, I guess. I do like those original zips, though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads