• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

papillo

Reaction score
What size do you wear in your other D02s? I wear 29 in my other D02s and got the coated ones in 29 as well.
30 in 100% cotton ones and 29 in one that has 2% elastene. I haven't worn the 29 long enough to see if it will stretch. I would have gotten the 29, but its sold out and i'm wondering if the 28 will stretch eventually.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never switched sizes for my SL jeans; I just go straight through 28, and they all fit albeit some are a bit tighter or looser than others. In general, I think MIJ is tighter and elastene probably won't stretch as much.

papillo

Reaction score
I never switched sizes for my SL jeans; I just go straight through 28, and they all fit albeit some are a bit tighter or looser than others. In general, I think MIJ is tighter and elastene probably won't stretch as much.
Ok. Thank you.

zabo358

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the last size 44 Khaki Teddy on Ssense. Never tried on a Teddy but I am 5'7 145 lbs with slightly broad shoulders, should I have gone for a 46?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna keep it real with you guys: I like some of the pieces up for pre-order on the ysl website. I think SirGrotius' optimism with regard to Vaccarello has insinuated itself into my mind. I thought he was tripping before.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jeans/boots

4206A7F5-97EE-4A77-824B-262F5125AFC7.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna keep it real with you guys: I like some of the pieces up for pre-order on the ysl website. I think SirGrotius' optimism with regard to Vaccarello has insinuated itself into my mind. I thought he was tripping before.

Ha, glad you're considering the dark side post-Hedi. What pieces are you eying? I already pre-ordered the black faded denim jacket; I'm stoked that they still make a lot of pieces in Japan.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was sent an XL women's love parka instead of what I wanted... does anyone want this? It can probably fit a lot of men. I'll probably list it.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, glad you're considering the dark side post-Hedi. What pieces are you eying? I already pre-ordered the black faded denim jacket; I'm stoked that they still make a lot of pieces in Japan.

That jacket looks pretty deadly. I'm going to pre-order the bootcut black cord trousers for sure. I really dig that floral tunic shirt as well, although I'm not sure I could pull it off. Although I was never really a fan of the Santiag boot, for some reason I'm liking the Lukas boot a lot, and could see myself giving those a shot.

Those are some of the things that stood out to me from the dark side. There are some items that I'm not crazy about, but I do feel like the brand is starting to take on a new aesthetic this season for the first time, giving credence to the view expressed by some here that that Vaccarello wasn't doing much menswear prior to this.

Tim Burmeister

Reaction score
Hey guys,

most of the denim I own are Nudie Jeans Skinny Lins (4-5 pairs), some John Elliott, and that's about it.

I never really tailored my denim before, but wanted to give it a try and start with one black pair of Skinny Lins, they are already pretty slim / skinny looking but still not that SLP asthetic.
What would I have to tell the tailor for a SLP look? And how is denim supposed to fit at your back? Like I don't want it to look too tight there. Thanks for your input

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

most of the denim I own are Nudie Jeans Skinny Lins (4-5 pairs), some John Elliott, and that's about it.

I never really tailored my denim before, but wanted to give it a try and start with one black pair of Skinny Lins, they are already pretty slim / skinny looking but still not that SLP asthetic.
What would I have to tell the tailor for a SLP look? And how is denim supposed to fit at your back? Like I don't want it to look too tight there. Thanks for your input
If you have recent JE denim, you could have the tailor mimic that cut, they are pretty similar except the top block for SLP is smaller, JE is roomier in the crotch.

You could also post a pic of you wearing the skinny Lin’s on here and we could make some suggestions.

lascaux

Reaction score
I recently purchased a black/white Teddy (90% wool) for $1450 but have an opportunity to get a version (88% wool, 2% silk) for $1300. Any opinions? Not sure the difference between the 2 versions.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jacket/jeans

fitpic.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.