• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NycLondon

Reaction score
while the younger rich kids are literally walking in and out like this -

Jared-Leto-Milan%2C-Italy-2017-02-22_LzRwRFVXN1lYMkg2Um1CRThlMlEzOU01WFRxRT0vOTF4MDo5OTB4MTM0OS82NDB4MC9lYWQ5YThmYy1iMmZjLTRkZTItOGNmOC0wNTlkNWFhZGJhNTU=

SCARY!!!

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Anyone here wears insoles in their boots?

I struggle with sizing as a 39 is too small for me, it literally kills my feet. But a 40 is slightly too big in length, yet fits perfectly around my feet.

If so, any insoles you recommend for boots?

I do. I have a bad knee so I have to wear insoles on all my footwear.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey just got them back, the upper fits and looks just as I remember it, he pretty much said the upper is creased already so when they add a new sole they follow the crease sometimes they outline it to be precise. He is experienced in cemented soles/blake stitch resoling so I got lucky there, also opted for vibram or topy soles (not sure which brand)

View attachment 832602

Did your cobbler keep the original faux welt so that you still have stitches showing?

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fact that the instep is wider is not quality issue lol

as a owner of a 'good' pair and new pair it really ***** me though..everytime i stare down at my shoes, i can't bear the sight, it's so wide.

Does anyone know the code to get 10% off your first order on farfetch?

refer yourself

volchok

Reaction score
Going to pull the trigger on the black leather jodphurs.

Quick question:
11511905_7276786_1000.jpg

06-06-2017_saintlaurent_wyatt30buckleboot_blackleather_443200-aqs00-1000_sh_2.jpg

904158_mrp_in_xl.jpg

First pic is from Farfetch, second from End and third from Mr. Porter. Are these the same exact iteration? Sometimes I think I see small differences but maybe I'm going crazy. I don't see a pull tab in the second and third photo, is it just tucked in inside the boot or they're different iterations? Also, the change in shape that seems to have happened with the chelseas, did the same thing happen with this season's jodhpurs?

Last edited:

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
check the clothes that the models wearing with the fit pics of the boots and good there's a good chance the boots were made from that season

Sadly Not Yohji Yamamoto

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the quality of the calfskin leather used in the SLP boots? Is it regarded as pretty good compared to comparable high fashion brands?; and how does it compare to heritage brands? I don't have enough experience with leather to make any educated judgements.

Enexde96

Reaction score
you either like the shape / style or you dont

all this 'quality' bollocks. is this a new fad amongst fuckwit internet users

Yes, we should all completely disregard quality in favor of the aesthetic. Great thinking friend. Can you direct me to the Zara thread btw?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The leather looks and feels about the same as other fashion brands, such as Balenciaga and even Jil Sander in my experience.

It's a step below leather fanatics such as Hermes and Dior.

I don't have experience with heritage brands, however, as a general observation, if you're into that worn, patina look like from the middle of the Rocky Mountains, SLP has a slightly different aesthetic. It's more like dirty and slightly mocking in my mind.

Spaceman333

Reaction score
Yes, we should all completely disregard quality in favor of the aesthetic. Great thinking friend. Can you direct me to the Zara thread btw?

change is aesthetic doesn't equal change in quality

and all those people saying quality in leather has degraded are talking out of their ass. they can't even elaborate what they mean, just repeating what they heard some other hype kids told them.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you guys are really interested to educating yourselves about leather quality, styleforum has a nice thread on it: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/leather-quality-and-properties.354137/

I'm too familiar with heritage brands, but I want to say their leather tends to be thicker and sturdier, when comparing dressy boots and shoes (especially those based in The UK). However, I really like how comfortable Saint Laurent footwear feels out of the box.

volchok

Reaction score
Going to pull the trigger on the black leather jodphurs.

Quick question:
11511905_7276786_1000.jpg

06-06-2017_saintlaurent_wyatt30buckleboot_blackleather_443200-aqs00-1000_sh_2.jpg

904158_mrp_in_xl.jpg

First pic is from Farfetch, second from End and third from Mr. Porter. Are these the same exact iteration? Sometimes I think I see small differences but maybe I'm going crazy. I don't see a pull tab in the second and third photo, is it just tucked in inside the boot or they're different iterations? Also, the change in shape that seems to have happened with the chelseas, did the same thing happen with this season's jodhpurs?
Jodhpurs owners, speak up.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member